Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Apelle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello all,

I feel like I've been battling this issue for an eternity. I have a brand new arlo system with a single camera that's approximately 10-15ft away from the base. when it's connected it shows full signal strength and it works flawlessly. Unfortunately, the camera just won't stay connected more than 10 minutes for some reason. I think I tried everything in the book to resolve this issue... power cycling devices, factory resets, changing batteries, add/removing devices over and over again. One caveat, my base is behind 2 switches and a firewall before it hits the router(business network). It seems unlikely that this would be the issue (though willing to switch things around if need be).

Another thing to note... the batteries drain extremely fast when connected. Is my camera faulty or something?

Hardware version: H11

firmware: 1.2.10342

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, your sw is up to date... Second, drop outs so frequent is not normal ( but then neither is your setup for most users )

The only way of knowing if the network your hooked into is causing issues to the base unit is  a temp bypass of all and allow the base direct access to the internet (router)

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Apelle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Moved the base and directly connected it to the router. So far so good, but the battery life is down to 33% from 84% this morning. should I be concerned by this or is this just inaccurate reporting?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Battery life will deplete fast from usage and also not being connected... like a phone looking for a cell site, when the base is out the camer uses extra power to try and reach

Apelle
Aspirant
Aspirant

well, I came back in this morning to the camera being offline. So I swapped in a pair of freshly charged tenergy batteries, and the camera is offline again after a few minutes. The camera showed full bars on connection strength and even recorded once before going offline. Offline status is the same on both web and mobile apps. The base has both power and network connection indicators green.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Contact Netgear Support with a trouble ticket

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If available, swap cameras around to see if the issue stays with the camera or the position.  If that's not possible, temporarily relocate the camera somewhere else and monitor battery drain and dropout.

Edit:  re-reading, I see you only have one camera so the second suggestion would be appropriate.