Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo reports battery low wrongly on MR1100

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sir_timid
Aspirant
Aspirant
After connecting two Arlo wireless cameras (with low batteries) on a Nighthawk MR1100 (EU) version the battery level was reported as low. I tried to change the batteries but the low voltage indication persisted. After reading this forum and doing all recommended actions with no success I contacted support who concluded that the cameras are faulty.

However,

When I tried to sync them with the original base station, both cameras worked and reported battery full. Is this incompatibility with MR1100 known? Can it be addressed? I cannot verify if taking the cameras with full batteries back on the MR1100 will make them report correct voltage as I don’t have the MR1100 currently available, but will check and add to this post. Any help? Any thread that this has been addressed?
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm guessing but don't know for sure that the Arlo firmware in the hotspot is at a different level compared to the base. I don'tknow if you can compare firmware versions directly (I suspect not) but maybe comparing your camera firmware versions to the latest found in the Release Notes section here may provide some info.

Sir_timid
Aspirant
Aspirant

do you know where to find the release notes for the router firmware?

cant seem to find anywhere

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That should be available by looking in the support area for your device itself. Normally there's the firmware for download as well as release notes.

Sir_timid
Aspirant
Aspirant
No unfortunately I could not find it. I had found it posted by one member as I was searching for a solution but did not save it. I should have....
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd suspect that the firmware updates are handled by your cell service provider then. I suppose you'd have to contact them.

Sir_timid
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any other idea? I did not buy the router via a service provider, rather I bought the stand alone product.

It’s the EU version
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No idea. @JamesC?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The battery reporting being inaccurate is very likely due to the MR1100 firmware for the Arlo feature being behind. Ive escalated this issue to the Mr1100 development team. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC