Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo smart home HD wireless 3030

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
203ivy
Tutor
Tutor

I have the arlo wireless installed and have 3 cameras (all work fine) however I find that they do not pick up motion until the subject is almost "on top" of the cameras!! I want the motion sensors to pick up movement much further away how can I do this ? I find the motion range very poor, the furthest camera position is only about 18 ft away from the base station ( it won't activate if its positioned further away!!) and the other two are within just a few feet!! My WiFi is very strong. Can anyone advise how to set the cameras so they pick up motion much earlier. I was expecting so much more from this camara system I'm quite disappointed.

6 REPLIES 6
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you set motion sensitivity to 100?

203ivy
Tutor
Tutor

How can I check this as my settings don't seem to give me an option - I cannot fine what the cameras are set to any help would be welcome 

203ivy
Tutor
Tutor

How do I check this please can't seem to find anything to tell me what my motion sensitivity is set too 

203ivy
Tutor
Tutor

I have read how to set but only have four options under mode they are armed, disarmed , schedule ,and geofencing. I have nothing to set sensitivity 

203ivy
Tutor
Tutor

I have now found how to set at 100 so let's see if it improves any!!!

manfredz
Hero
Hero

say you've got cam A watching your door which is what you actually want to watch and cam B is further down the walk.

First make sure that the duration of your cams is set to 120sec.

Then set rules as follows:

when cam A detects motion start recording cam A

when cam B detects motion start recording cam B

when cam B detects motion start recording cam A

the FAQs under contact support show you how to do this or look under modes, how the armed mode is configured and modify, or better create your own mode and use.