Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo system- using 230 volt inverter from leisure battery to power Netgear wireless router

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Swift
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have one Arlo camera on my boat moored 70 miles away. I'm using the supplied Netgear router with a wireless router to enable remote activity to my iPad or iPhone. The power supply is provided by a 230 volt 600 watt pure sine inverter from a deep discharge leisure battery ,which in turn is charged by a 40 watt PV pack. My battery seems to discharge and cut out after about 5 days. ( obviously the recharge is not keeping pace with the A.C output)   Not being technically competent I am asking whether a larger capacity leisure battery would be the answer!? - the present battery is only 70ahr.. 

Can anyone help please?  I cannot afford a larger capacity PV system!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A larger battery or multiple smaller ones would extend the life. However, that will only exacerbate the lack of PV charging.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A larger battery or multiple smaller ones would extend the life. However, that will only exacerbate the lack of PV charging.

Swift
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply- much appreciated. Sadly I cannot afford larger capacity PV system- might find an addition battery to link in

regards

Swift