Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo video alert delay

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
centslessjo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why is it taking 3 hours for the video to come through on my alerts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update has been deployed that should resolve this issue. Please let me know if you continue experiencing delayed content.

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The video may be there but just not the little icons of same... they were having a server issue re the video icons going to the library

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
centslessjo
Aspirant
Aspirant

The video is not there. The alert comes in but it takes 2 to 3 hours for the video to show up.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

centslessjo wrote:

The video is not there. The alert comes in but it takes 2 to 3 hours for the video to show up.

I wasn't clear.. the video was RECORDED to the servers, the issue was the video icons were being delayed being sent out so you in effect could not access them ( far end issue )

But with the alert, you can always go LIVE VIEW

Morse is faster than texting!
romiller06
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also experiencing the same issue.  Maybe something with their last update is causing issues.  Hopefully they will fix this sooner than later.

centslessjo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am still having the delay issues. Several hours after the alert is sent before the video shows up. Very aggravating. Maybe if we keep commenting someone will get this issue solved. I wonder if others are having this problem?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I have escalated this topic to engineering for review. I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud update has been deployed that should resolve this issue. Please let me know if you continue experiencing delayed content.

JamesC

centslessjo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you James. Whatever they did seems to have fixed it.