Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo I have connected the cameras and they are picking up virtually no signal at all

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
JohnjRyan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I run an Amplifi system to boost my very poor internet signal which gives me 100% signal. However I have connected the cameras and they are picking up virtually no signal at all. Is there a fix for this as there is also nil on night vision. 

Day pixalated night complete darkness 

thanks 

John 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't be done... the only thing you can do is position the bases at different access points ( ethernet ports ) to make your coverage the best for all cameras...the Arlo system will not link into your system any other way.

But if you plan on expanding, look at the Q cameras that do use your home wifi system ( as they link directly )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo and arlo Pro cameras can not connect to your home wifi .... the connect to the wifi system set up in the base ONLY.

The only way to expand your coverage area with theses cameras is to run more than one base

JohnjRyan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I am running two bases. I have the Sky network which I pay to a subscriber for and the amplifi is an add on base station to boost my coverage. The amplify has it own network name and works brilliantly. What I want to do is somehow link the netgear through the amplifi system to get the boosted coverage. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't be done... the only thing you can do is position the bases at different access points ( ethernet ports ) to make your coverage the best for all cameras...the Arlo system will not link into your system any other way.

But if you plan on expanding, look at the Q cameras that do use your home wifi system ( as they link directly )