Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station Setup VMS3230C-100NAS

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ArloTom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased a Netgear VMS3230C-100NAS, Arlo Camera System.  So new apparently the model does not show in the model drop down above.  It is similar to the VMB300, a base satation with two Arlo cameras.

The Arlo quick start guide says to plug the Arlo base station into the router, in my case a Netgear C3700 cable modem/router.

Question:  Can I instead plug the Arlo base station into my Netgear EX3700 range extender, as an "Ethernet-Enabled Device"?  This extender option is allowed and discussed on page 14 of the EX3700 User Manual.  I would attach that specific doc, but do not see that option.

Proposed network connectivity flow . . . Netgear C3700 Cable Modem/Router, connected wirelessly to my Netgear C3700 range extender, then connected to my new Arlo base station with an ethernet cable (ethernet-enabled device)?  Sounds feasible from most of the documentation that I've read so far.

Thought I would ask the community for feedback, before I completely unpacked everything.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes, you can plug it into an extender with an ethernet port...it is a common practice to do so for centrally locating the base for best home coverage...

Min thru-put is 1 mbs which most extenders easily surpass

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ArloTom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks TomMac.  I thought throughput might suffer . . . if it was even feasible, but apparently not.

My cable modem/router is in a room above my garage (hate overhead wires).  The first X3700 extender is on the second floor of my house proper (works very well).  The second extender and the new Arlo base station will be situated on my front porch to facilitate the two new Arlo cameras in the far front yard.  Wish me luck . . .

Thanks again.