Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Batteries Not Lasting (Arlo - Hardware H7, Firmware 1.2.16720)

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
klowetx
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo - Hardware H7, Firmware 1.2.16720 (Inside Use)

I originally purchased 3 Arlo wireless cameras less than a year ago followed by an Arlo Pro in the past 4 months.  Two cameras are used outside.  No issues until recently with one of the original wireles pro cameras used indoors.  The two indoor cameras are turned off on the app and only turned on when we travel.  So, they can sit in the ready state for 3 to 6 weeks at a time.  I now have one of the indoor cameras going through batteries.It will show 100% for a while (5-8 days) and when I get tired of watching it, the next thing I know is it has no battery life without warning while the other one will have 98% to 100% battery life when I change them together.  We rarely loose electrci power, but this last time a transformer blew and we were out for 4-6 hours.  All my other cameras did well with very little if any change in battery, buth the odd ball camera was dead by the time the electric came back on.  This camera with issues is the closest to the base.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  I don't use rechargable batteries and the batteries I use work great in all other cameras.

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

@klowetx 

Try moving it a little further from the base or swapping it with aone of the cameras that are working and see if the problem stays with the camera or not and if the newly placed camera starts exibiting the same problem.

My original indoor cameras are usually in the disabled state unless I am away from home, and the batteries last me about 6 months.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you measured the actual voltages on the batteries you removed using a voltmeter?

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am seeing the same issue with an H7 Camera and this firmware release.  I have run 5 sets of duracell batteries flat within 3 days each time.  The camera is 15 feet from the base station in the same room and recording nothing.  I suspect a bad firmware update.  But Netgear have no way to force a reload of firmware.  Why ????

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

XJW,

Have you tried swapping locations with a camera that does not experience the issue to see if the issue follows the camera or the location?

JamesC