Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Vulcan24
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, just had one camera where the battery life went from 45% to 0% overnight. Thats with the origonal battery. Anybody had the same problem as battery lasted less than 3 months.

11 REPLIES 11
manfredz
Hero
Hero

Put those batteries in another cam and see what happens. Could be movement lost a good contact etc.

What brand batteries?  Rechargeables?  If an unbranded rechargeable that often happens.

Vulcan24
Tutor
Tutor

Tried the batteries in another camera with no difference. Batteries are Panasonic CR123A Lithium that came with the camera new. Just seems like they were old or faulty.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

Any chance you repeated mistake I made when I got my sysyem and forget to take that transparent covering off (ok all stop laughing)

Vulcan24
Tutor
Tutor

Battery went from 45% to 0%. Been working okay since April 6th so no film wasnt left on.

55JWB
Tutor
Tutor

I have logged into the forum to look for answers to this exact same problem, batteries in the camera not that old, were showing 85% yesterday and now this morning camera not working and showing 6% battery level...  I need to start keeping a diary of replacements as it seems to be way too often...

I have experimented with differnet batteries, I find the Pannasonic dont seem to last long, I have gone back to the Duracell Ultra which are very expensive! 

if I have time I will swap the batteries into another camera...  but this is strange and frustrating... 

manfredz
Hero
Hero

In Canada and the US the recommended 3.7v gold colored Tenergy rechargeables are readily available; in other countries users have had mixed results ordering them.  Big long term money saver in the long run if you can get them.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vulcan24, 55JWB

How much usage did these cameras see? What kind of signal strength do the cameras have? It could be poor signal strength causing excess battery drain.

JamesC

Vulcan24
Tutor
Tutor
Hi James, the original Panasonic batteries lasted for 2 1/2 months but went from 45% to 0% overnight. They were faulty and now show slight signs of leakage. Nothing to do with anything else just faulty batteries. Might look at changing to rechargeables. Do they work okay.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

I use both the recommended Tenergy and Nitecore and both give me about 80-90% the time non-rechargeables did.

Since my cams do a lit of recording 30-50 120 sec recordings per day, I'd be banrupt if not for rechargeables (with that heavy usage plus brief live viewing several times a day, I get about 14 days before needing a charge)

Jenifa
Initiate
Initiate
I purchased 2 arlo cameras. The batteries that came with it lasted me 2 months of continuous usage. Now I'm purchasing batteries daily. I put the new batteries in and they're dead within 2 days. What am I doing wrong or are these cameras defective? I am going to purchase rechargeable batteries but I do not understand why the batteries are dying so quickly now. I've tried Duracell and Panasonic. Neither are any better.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jenifa,

It sounds like the cameras are seeing high usage or potentially draining due to poor signal strength. Take a look here for tips on how to prolong battery life: How can I extend my Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free, or Arlo Go camera’s battery life?

JamesC