Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Blinking white screen when accessing Arlo App

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Sweet1211
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help me out and is having the same issue. My husband has an android, I believe the Samsung edge. He tapped on the Arlo app today and the screen was just going crazy. It keeps flashing and blinking a white screen going on and off real fast. Almost as if it's similar to a computer crash. It's very hard to explain. But he can't get anything on his screen. After reading about the possible attack on Arlo, we are wondering if this has anything to do with it. But I have an iPhone and mine is fine. If anyone is having these issues or has heard of this happening, can you please fill me in on what to do to fix this?

Thank you so much!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sweet1211
Aspirant
Aspirant
We deleted the app and reinstalled it and now everything is working fine! Thanks for your imput!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Max_Simba
Tutor
Tutor

My App did same thing and my cameras do not record and motion set  to arm and not working is yours?

Sweet1211
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, Motion and everything else is working on the camera. I tested out the motion and me and my husband both got notifications on our phone that there was movement. I was able to see mine just fine. Again he went into his app and it's just flashing white screens over and over still.
Max_Simba
Tutor
Tutor

I powered my phone off for 5 min then powered it back on then it worked ok.  Seams like everthing is working now

Sweet1211
Aspirant
Aspirant
We deleted the app and reinstalled it and now everything is working fine! Thanks for your imput!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

good to hear it's working... the usu fix is to re-install app as you did.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
calliedo
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue with my Android Tablet.  The Android app on my Samsung cell just keeps giving me a "App has stopped" message.   I determined the problems went away when I had my daughter remove my email from her Arlo account which gave me access to see her cameras.  After a day or so of all working OK, I got the same problem.  She again took me off her account and things started working on my end just fine.  Seems to have something to do with being granted access to a different Arlo router.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would send a text to Netgear support... may be another bug.  ( they can't fix unless they know )

Morse is faster than texting!