Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera sensing motion, but not recording =|

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AppleGirl
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 5 cameras, 2 Arlo with base was original purchase and then have added 3 Arlo pros. All works great except for one camera! It's one of the original Arlo's and it senses motion and sends the alert, but doesn't record. It will record when I do it manually. Have tried to read other posts and see it happens alot, however, I never came across the solution 😮 Please help, thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AppleGirl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update!! Great news, did contact customer support and they were awesome!!! I had tried removing device and then re-syncing, but it didn't work. This time when I did it, it worked 👍 Apparently, if the camera is facing anything reflective (window, mirror, etc.) it can cause it to happen. Thanks everyone 😊

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
manfredz
Hero
Hero

Any chance for that cam you have sensitivity set to 0, or rule for that cam says to do nothing if motion is detected?

AppleGirl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you so much for replying. Actually, I have the sensitivity set to 100 % and the rule set to record. All other 4 cameras work fine. It's just this one. I have even removed it and reactivated it, but still no luck.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

and assume putting it in location one of the working cams has doesnt change anything?

Then sounds like something for technical support using one of the methods shown by clicking on the contact support button on each forum page.

AppleGirl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yep, just this one "special" camera 😉 Will contact technical support, thank you!
AppleGirl
Aspirant
Aspirant
Update!! Great news, did contact customer support and they were awesome!!! I had tried removing device and then re-syncing, but it didn't work. This time when I did it, it worked 👍 Apparently, if the camera is facing anything reflective (window, mirror, etc.) it can cause it to happen. Thanks everyone 😊