Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Skylane
Follower
Follower
A week ago 1 of my 2 Arlo cameras shows a red/pink image. I tried pulling the batteries to reset it but that had no effect, still looking at a tinted image.

Am I missing something? Is it possible I messed up some setting somewhere?
324 REPLIES 324
Kevan1008
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have had our Arlo cameras for just over a year I now have two cameras that record in red no matter how often they are reset or how often new batteries are installed. over the last few days all of my wireless cameras have stopped recording and do not show up as even being connected. my wired camera inside the house is working and does record the other wired camera I have in the house was unplugged for several months and now it will not sync with the system and will not work at all anyone have suggestions on how to fix these problems?
Sugarboss
Guide
Guide
None of the above. Another camera clicks and flashes two colors constantly. Never again. This crap costs too much money to not work.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You can share a video with us though. Go to your library. Select a video. Click Share. Click copy link. Come to this forum and paste the link. The link will only be live for 24 hours though

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sugarboss wrote:
None of the above. Another camera clicks and flashes two colors constantly. Never again. This crap costs too much money to not work.

I don't get it.  It doesn't work and you don't do anything about it.  Why not swap at the store or open a case with support?

Sheesh...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You waited too long - warranty is for one year.  There's no fix for a hardware problem other than warranty.  You can try popping the camera in your hand, invert it, remove it from Settings, My Devices and resync but if it's stuck, it's stuck.

For the Q that won't sync, hold the reset button until the LED flashes amber, wait till it reboots and try to sync again.  Since it may have old firmware, you may need to make sure your WiFi SSID and passphrase use no special characters, just alphanumerics.  Once the firmware is updated, you can revert to your normal SSID and passphrase.  Use of the router's guest WiFi, if supported, could be useful for this.

sanj
Aspirant
Aspirant

The video is shown in pink.

I am expecting regular colored images not pink

This set of four cameras were bought last year

I posed on FB but got no response

manfredz
Hero
Hero

been adressed on this forum many times.

First, try opening battery door, wait a minute, then close battery door

steve_t
Master Master
Master

jguerdat wrote:

Sugarboss wrote:

I don't get it.  It doesn't work and you don't do anything about it.  Why not swap at the store or open a case with support?

Sheesh...

The user base is a great first port of call, but yeah, perhaps it's time for you, Sugarboss, to contact support. These sorts of smart home devices do require a small amount to tech savvy to install or troubleshoot. Perhaps a friend or family member could be of help; a teenager? While you've got them there, you could get them to show you how to post a screenshot here, just for future reference. But as my comment above, the system has the ability to share videos from your library. All you need to do is share the link and we can see a specific video from your library. The link  is only valid for 24h

Sugarboss
Guide
Guide
Ridiculous. A pink screen is a pink screen. I am plenty tech savvy and these cameras are crap.
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

If your using an iphone, andriod phone, or a windows phone you already have a free cloud account. They all include them when you setup you apple, google, or microsoft account.

One question..... did you try viewing the cameras on another device, a computer, friends computer, friends phone, family members phone, etc. I ask because doing this and seeing the same results eliminates your phone as a source of the problem. If you don't see pink, then it's your phone.

If you've done all the basic trobleshooting like removing the cameras and base from your account and add them back, rebooting everything, etc, and you still get pink video/image then it sounds like you have a hardware problem. If your past the warranty period then you choices are buy a replacement base/camera, get the base/camera repaired (if netgear has such a service), scrap the system.

I do find it odd that you say the system is "crap". It works flawlessly for me after initial setup and positioning trial and error. And it works for hundreds of thousands of others. It's unfortunate that your having issues, but things do break, it doesn't mean the system is crap. Two people can buy the same car and person A has constant breakdowns over 5 years, but person B has absolutly none. That doesn't mean the car is junk, just that person A got one that developed issues for any number of reasons, bad luck I guess.

If you can get that pic posted or share a video so we can see what your seeing, that would help.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Sugarboss wrote:
Ridiculous. A pink screen is a pink screen. I am plenty tech savvy and these cameras are crap.

Please share a video from your library of the pink screen then

Sugarboss
Guide
Guide
Please see above. Phones apparently don't have a link to do that.
steve_t
Master Master
Master

How strange. What kind of phone do you have?

Screenshot_20170915-132447.png

Littlehms
Aspirant
Aspirant
One camera keeps Turing red and pink changed batteries also new camera can it be my router
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

if you mean the videos turning pink, contact Netgear Support... it is the camera

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
AndrewY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought Arlos package new, pink video from day 1, have now wasted 2 hours of my life on phone with support. They sent me a refurbished camera!!!! Ridiculous replacement for a out-of-the-box defective camera. I have now had to call again and now taken down his one camera three times troubleshooting it. Now, they will not send me a new camera. Very unhappy customer $400 deserves better support. Case 289993699. Send me a new camera since your original one was broken!!!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

weren't you able to return it to place of purchase since it was new ?

Morse is faster than texting!
DoriJC
Luminary
Luminary

Are you referring to the view and not the blinking light on the camera? If so you might be getting a reflection  on the lens.  I use Netgear skins on mine and have no problem with lens glare.  Some have reported glare with skins made by other companies.  Just captured a sunrise on one camera which without the skin probably would have created quite the lens glare.

Techperson2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just Spent 300 and One Camera out of the box has the red pink tint . Have tried for days to get help on here and phone have got no where . Very Upseting and frustrating. Please help nothing I do fixes and all forums say contact arlo?? They don't answer  my emails and 2 hours holding yesterday and today. 

STennant
Aspirant
Aspirant
My camera has turned pink. Only 1 of 5. I've tried the troubleshooting offered here.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

you tried opening, waiting, then reclosing the battery cover door? (sometimes need to do a couple times).

If that doesnt work you should contact technical support using one of the methods found by clicking contact support at the bottom of each forum page

manfredz
Hero
Hero

so the opening/closing battery cover door trick didn't work?  (sometimes have to do a couple times).  Can't you return to where you bought from?

STennant
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'll try it a few more times. Does this constantly come back?
manfredz
Hero
Hero

it happens to me once every 4-6 weeks but only to the cam I being in every morning and put out at night. every time opening/closing battery cover clears, though once i had to do twice

Techperson2
Aspirant
Aspirant

No I went back to The Store and they said there policy is 30 days!