Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Camera tinted red / pink??

Skylane
Follower
Follower
A week ago 1 of my 2 Arlo cameras shows a red/pink image. I tried pulling the batteries to reset it but that had no effect, still looking at a tinted image.

Am I missing something? Is it possible I messed up some setting somewhere?
324 REPLIES 324
Jmango167
Apprentice
Apprentice

Contrary to what Netgear Arlo wants you to believe, there is no fix. The issue is in the cameras themselves. Arlo recommends several "fix options" but as you've read, none of them actually work for more than one day. 

Amazing that Arlo dosen't have the  integrity enough to collect from the shelf . Instead, they continue to sell this defective product!!!

Avoid the Netgear Arlo systems until they fix their defective cameras! 

TomGraves
Guide
Guide

I am still getting pink recordings WHEN I get recordings at all.  My base station keeps shuting itself off and does not record as required.  I can restart it with the Off/On button and it comes on again for a few hours then goes off again.  I would like to return the defective camera as I have contacted you several times about the pink tint (11/26/16 Case # 27634726; 12/12/16 case # 27786226; 12/13/16 case # 27790383; 12/16/16 Case # 27764797; 1/2/17 Case # 27786226)  I need help with both the bad camera and the balky base station.  Thanks  Tom

tjohnson147
Star
Star
Not sure I can help with the base station issue but call 18886384327 to replace the camera and possibly the base station. U may have to talk to several dispatchers before ur linked to the right one tho. But that's how I did it. Now...to mail it back only cost me about 5$ thru USPS. If u have ur own small box it to mail it n it will be cheaper. Also what I have seen a pattern of is if the camera is moved from inside ur house to outside or vice versa that can seem to cause the IR (infrared) to stay on.
tjohnson147
Star
Star
Another thing is that if u are using cheap batteries the batteries may not be strong enough to power the camera IR . I ordered the CR123 batteries from Amazon Energizer kind. I've been warned that there are knock off batteries from China being sold on Amazon and other places that say Energizer and Duracell. So make sure u get ur batteries from a reliable source. I go to Sams or walmart to get mine..
ArtistGQ
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem.... And this same comment is being stated by several people (wink wink Netgear....)

I have a love / hate relationship with my Arlo cameras....

Absolutely Love the wirefree ability (my cameras go from room to room)

Hate the 10 seconds or so that are lost before recording begings...

Hate that one of my cameras has red eye and that I may have to ship it and wait for return... (be without a camera while I wait)

So... it seems like there are a few more than just some bad apples (arlos) which were sold to good paying customers... Netgear should do better than just replace and make clients wait... I don't want to wait... Perhaphs explain the issue and maybe recall... You want trust, respect but more importantly loyal customers... please explain the problem and give us a more than fair solution.

Sincerely

Carlos H

tjohnson147
Star
Star
See if they will let u upgrade that camera for the difference. The upgraded models usually dont havw that problem. I have the 1st gen. If mine do that again (red tint due to I.R. staying on) im gonna ask they give me the up grade arlo. Ill just pay the difference. Seems like a fair deal.
ArtistGQ
Initiate
Initiate
tjohnson147
It's a great idea. It's fair. I too would be willing to pay the difference. Cheers
Uh1pilot
Guide
Guide
I had the same problem pink picture on one camera. I changed the night vision setting to off and then opened the battery compartment for one minute and the picture was corrected. I did not have to resync the camera. If you dropped the camera and it now has a pink picture you might be out of luck.
RNJ2017
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 5 cameras, the only ones that are pink are the ones outside. So I took one down and put it in a bowl of rice for 10 hours and Preston no more pink camera! It just had moisture. Mind you they have been pink for 2 years. Lol. Going to try the others as the batteries die.
Jason5150
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do we really have to send the old camera in first? Does it make sence that we have to create a gap in our security system to rectify defective equipment?

Boot879
Star
Star
So I finally "solved" my pink tint problem. Several days without the tint so this seems to work.

I turned turned my Arlo wireless over so it's upside down with the battery cover up. I then open the cover and let the camera turn off. Then close the cover so the camera powers up. Usually I turn the camera over and mount it... the pink tint comes back after the camera switches to night mode. The "fix" was to mount the camera upside down so the video feed is upside down on my phone. Then use the app to flip the image. To do that... log into your app, click devices to see your cameras. Find the upside down camera and click the little "gear" symbol that opens settings. Then click "video settings". Look for the "rotate image" and toggle it on. The video feed will flip eventually and everything will look correct when you view it.
Apparently having the camera upside down allows the IR filter to switch like it should. Stupid fix that should the design flaw.
However.. my cameras alerted me to movement on my driveway this morning and I chased a guy who was trying to break into my car away. Unfortunately he got away... but me running out of the house with a pistol probably gave him good reason to not come back.
tjohnson147
Star
Star
Make sure u download that ro a disc or thumb drive and have police take the video into evidence. Cause i promise u the guy probably hit several cars n the neighborhood not just urs. So u could turn out to be the neighborhood hero...
Whaaamber
Aspirant
Aspirant
Popping the batteries (among other things I messed with, seemed to fix the red tint. I THOUGHT it was the HUMID HOT HALLWAY causing the IR LIGHT to reflect back pink. I'm no scientist though. I have spent countless hours troubleshooting major flaws to even the smallest aggravations. That's life I guess. Cheers
LesterLandry
Aspirant
Aspirant

steve_t
Master Master
Master

It's the IR filter getting stuck. Do a battery pull and try give the camera a gentle tap. If neither of those work, get the camera replaced

RyeGuy
Initiate
Initiate
I had the same issue with mine. It is out of warranty so I thought I would try something. I simply turned it up side down flip the image in the software and voila it works like a charm. I'm planning on leaving it in this position until if ever it fails again and see if inverting it again will give it another shelf life. Hopefully this works for yours it did for mine.
zebraette23
Aspirant
Aspirant

one of my Arlo camera shows picture/vido in a rose color.  just changed batteries, no help.  suggestions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here. Lots of threads on this.

Eyesonyou
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why is my camera pink? I've already tried replacing batteries numerous times and resetting it! Nothing is working!! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you read the multitude of similar threads with the solution already posted?  Search is your friend.

Since you already tried the battery door, opening a case with support is your answer.

StephenO
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera image turned pink. New batteries, Camera Off, I moved position, put camera in pocket, magnet  in another pocket. relocated 2 ft away. and repositioned with magnet. image had tuned pink. How do I correct this?

StevenL
Star
Star

This has been reported by quite a few persons on these forums.  Sometimes pulling out the battery(s) and reinstalling them will reset the camera removing the pink tint.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And, as noted in the multitude of similar threads here, opening a case with support is what is needed to resolve a hardware problem.

pjpilecki
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just purchased and installed the camera yesterday. It worked fine. This morning, the picture is pink. I've read the threads and apparently this is quite common. I reset the camera in all the ways suggested, and the picture is still pink. I've now replaced the camera with the second one in the package, which works fine at the moment. If it happens with this camera, I'm returning the entire product.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Or swap the system atnthenstore. Or use the Pro cameras which don't use the same IR filter.