Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 37 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
Kind1s
Apprentice
Apprentice
Every time the apps update my cameras seem to need to be reset

Now I can see them I can do live view but they won’t turn on and record for motion. I’ve re synced them, powered down base, and live view,changed batteries and walked around with them. Neither camera activate with motion. But both do live view. They are set for 100% sensitivity.

This usually always happens after app update and I usually go reset back to both my cameras and I’m good not this time
37 REPLIES 37
Kind1s
Apprentice
Apprentice
They said they are working on it. I keep posting on their Facebook page. As they still keep advertising yet no letting people know their. Cameras aren’t functioning. How can you put a ad that says “our cameras never quit” when for over a week their cameras literally don’t work.
Kind1s
Apprentice
Apprentice
They said on Facebook they are working on it
veener79
Luminary
Luminary

Mine started to work again later this afternoon.  See if it keeps up.  

madkiwi
Luminary
Luminary

Ours started working yesterday, didn't want to jinx it by saying anything.

However when you look at the Android app "Devices" the man-icon is still greyed out even though the single camera set to motion detect/record is working in the mode I set up. But on the browser the icon is black- as it should be. So something is still not working right.

phil1344
Guide
Guide

arlo stoped recording see live will not record and base station keeps closing down from time to time

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you verified that the 'running man' is black ( active for motion ) when the cameras are armed?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
phil1344
Guide
Guide

yes he is black

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you have two or more cameras, try and swap the cameras locations...see if the troubled cam problem follows the cam.

Also you may need to adjust the sense levels in the mode you are using to a higher level

( mode / pick cam / under motion detected, in % levels , higher is more sensitive )

Morse is faster than texting!
Wokeone
Aspirant
Aspirant

Don't frett. Netgear and the Arlo sub company are always recording everything that your camera see's. This is one of the main reasons I got rid of my ARLO system. Privacy is the least of their worries. Please be warned.

Hendy77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am having this same problem. It just stopped recording about 4-5 days ago.

Any suggestions?

Woody51
Aspirant
Aspirant

My library stopped showing any recordings until I used an app to clear the browser history and cache on my iPad, everything then started working as normal. I used F-Secure, other apps are available!

madkiwi
Luminary
Luminary

So talk about breaking one thing to fix something else.

Our Arlo started recording again (on a custom mode with one camera we have armed while at home) a week ago. But the running man icon was grey (not armed) versus black (armed) on the app only. Strangely enough on a computer browser it showed up correctly.

Yesterday the icon started to appear on the app correctly. Unfortunately the camera that is supposed to be armed when we are home reverted to NOT detecting motion and recording. How **bleep**ing stupid is that? It was working (but indicated it was off) and they got the icon working but now it has the mode turned off!

Also Geofencing was working for both our phones for about 5 days, yesterday my wife's phone is now In Zone continuously even when she is at work.

FML

Callicat
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 10 cameras connected to my base station. Some of the cameras are recording, some are not. Some give me the push notification, some do not. This all started after the last update. I haven't gone thru the exercise of re-synching everything, in hopes that Netgear will "fix".  Frustrating. How much longer do we have to wait for the FIX?