Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras Offline Constantly

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
paulbarash
Follower
Follower

Hi -

My cameras are almost always "offline"; not necessarily all at once, but at least one of them is almost constantly offline. It's been very frustrating over the past year.

Right now, my "Bedroom" and "Hallway" cameras are both "offline" and "unavailable", while my "Living Room" one works just fine (for now). I've recharged the batteries over and over and I know that they are not dead. I've removed the cameras from my hub and reconnected them previously.  I've even re-synced them multiple times. This fixed the issue for a day and then they wouldn't work again. 

Any help would be very appreciated.

Screenshot_20180112-122914.png
3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

You might need to move your base station around, especially a little further from your router. Our homes these days are so full of eclecronic devices that create interferrance, even our neighbor's wi-fi.

Brian

paul125
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am very interested in resolving this issue as my system does exactly the same thing.  I have the two camera system and one camera works the whole time but one of them goes offline minutes after I have re-synced it with the base station.  Interestingly the one that is furthest away from the base station is the one that is fine.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap the cameras around to see if the problem is the camera or location. A poor quality connection between the base and camera can cause this if it's not a hardware problem.