Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras Record/Notify Sporadically

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ADtwentytwo
Follower
Follower

I have a pair of cameras, one up high at/near my front door, the other facing my rear door & porch.  Both are under covered roofs.  Used to work great all the time, to the point where I tweaked the sensitivity numerous times to get it "just right".

Lately, they haven't been recording much ... if at all.  It's like feast or famine.  Over a three day period, June 17 thru June 19, there are no recordings whatsoever.  I restarted the base station remotely through the internet account page.  These past four days, June 20 thru June 23 (today), I have a series of recordings.

June 20:  (2) recordings, one of mailman, one of nothing

June 21:  one of mailman (just caught off camera walking away), one of moth at 4:49AM

June 22:  (13) total recordings, thanks to my landscapers showing up, half of them with no movement captured

June 23 (TODAY):  nothing, but I know the mailman showed up, since there's a large box outside my front door

Not only is it frustrating to have a 20-second video with nothing at all, but it's doubly frustrating when you only catch a glimpse of the mailman's foot as he walks out of the scene.

Nothing's changed, other than having to replace the front camera's batteries already.

Just don't know how I can make it both stable and consistent.

1 REPLY 1
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Firstly, I would ensure the front of the camera is clean
Secondly, I'd consider starting again with the fine tuning of the sensitivity. Raise it up higher til you get the mailman every time but low enough not to have too many false alerts. 

Other than that, I can't think of why this might have happened. Maybe a camera firmware update has changed the sensitivity settings relative to the numbers you set??