Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cameras go offline after a couple days

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
svchirco
Tutor
Tutor

I have 2 cameras that will drain batteries and go offline in a couple days.  I have gone through the procedures and has the same results.  The firmware is current 1.2.16720. I have 4 cameras total and the same 2 have problems. The cost of the set is disappointing not to last more than a few years.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
svchirco
Tutor
Tutor

I followed the procedure of removing and readding the cameras again and this time, new updates were loaded to the cameras. This was a couple weeks ago and the batteries have not drained(knock on wood). Hopefully, this fix is what was needed. Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know why , but can say its not normal... my run 3-4 months depending on usage.

I would take the troubled cameras down and then use REMOVE device ( delete them ) ... then bring them back as new.

This will rebuild the modes.

Check if the led illuminators are staying on in a dark room, you will see the redish glow from them around the lens ( when recording or live viewing )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
svchirco
Tutor
Tutor

I have done that before and had the same results. There is no way to tell if the cameras are faulty?  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

svchirco,

What is the signal strength like for the two cameras having the issue? You might try swapping the cameras that are going offline with the other 2 that are behaving normally to see if the issue follows the location or the camera.

JamesC

svchirco
Tutor
Tutor

The strength is the same since I installed a couple years now. I did the remove and added back and it worked for a couple days and then both go offline again. 

svchirco
Tutor
Tutor

I followed the procedure of removing and readding the cameras again and this time, new updates were loaded to the cameras. This was a couple weeks ago and the batteries have not drained(knock on wood). Hopefully, this fix is what was needed. Thanks for the help!