Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't Arm the base after Disarm - Arlo wireless

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
khacquan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

I just bought the system, it is just regular wireless Arlo with 2 camera, not the Pro version.

- When I clicked on the DISARMED option, the Base went to sleep and I can't ARM the whole thing back, the only option is to reset the Base...very inconvenient 😞

- The battery drained pretty fast, only 12 hours and already down to 82%. I only recored 5 10 sec video and try to view LIVE several times. I guess it is not 4 to 6 months as they advertise for the battery life

- Should I by the Pro version instead? but these set is ony $179 at Costco right now

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you running on PC or apple or android ?

The Base should not go to sleep.  Reboot the base and retest it ...if if happens again you may want to swap it.

Will say that the easiest way to first use the system is by browser and PC, then move to a device.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
khacquan
Aspirant
Aspirant

khacquan
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac wrote:

Are you running on PC or apple or android ?

The Base should not go to sleep.  Reboot the base and retest it ...if if happens again you may want to swap it.

Will say that the easiest way to first use the system is by browser and PC, then move to a device.

Hi @TomMac I access it via iPhone. After Disarmed the Base, I can't connect to it anymore, the LED on the base was orange isntead of green. After reset , it is green and I can connect to it from both iPhone and PC now.

So what is the Disarm for? will it turn off the Base if choose Disarm?

THANKS

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Think you just had a glitch... Disarmed does not turn off the base .  Disarmed turns off the motion sense of the cameras to record when they see motion.

Keep an eye on it , all 3 left most leds should be green for working status

BTW, they go from left POWER-INTERNET-SYNC'D CAMERA

PS the usu fix is to turn off then on

Morse is faster than texting!