Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't Upgrade Subscription

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
noeditaccount
Follower
Follower

Subscription reverted back to basic. The Arlo app Settings - Subscription - 'Edit Account' is not showing?

I have reinstalled the app on my iPad and iPhone but still does not show 'Edit Account'.

What are my other options to upgrade my plan?IMG_1426.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

noeditaccount,

The Arlo team is working with Apple iOS to bring back the subscription options in the iOS app. Until we have a resolution, please use the web application at arlo.netgear.com to manage your subscription options. Subscription management is not impacted on Android and Web applications.

JamesC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Where are you located or, more specifically, where did you set up the system?  Many countries do not have subscription support and the country you set the system up in may be unsupported.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

noeditaccount,

The Arlo team is working with Apple iOS to bring back the subscription options in the iOS app. Until we have a resolution, please use the web application at arlo.netgear.com to manage your subscription options. Subscription management is not impacted on Android and Web applications.

JamesC

Jethroc
Tutor
Tutor
So did you fix this thing or what? You make it very difficult to make this a useful product when you dont keep files past 7 days. Then you fall on your face with a clucky subscription process.

Lets get with the program please and post the proper instructions. Ive been traveling and was hoping this service would work properly
Jethroc
Tutor
Tutor
This problem is not "solved" its dishonest to say that it is.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

I think having a 7 day free storage is quite reasonable. that gives you pleny of time to review and download any you wish to keep.  One of the people on this forum mentioned he has a script, which requires a bit of tailoring but can then be scheduled to automatically download your recordings daily ( or even more often).  Wven has a nice feature that the downloaded file name will be a proper date/time file name when vid was recorded instead of the normal EPOCH time.

Jethroc
Tutor
Tutor
Its not reasonable for me because I travel and its difficult to find the time and connection to review my video content. I am willing to pay for it, Arlo just needs to complete the product. They needs to complete this service or ill find another.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

Jethroc, then why not upgrade to one of the pay subscriptions where you have longer retention?

TX75024
Aspirant
Aspirant

I cannot upgrade my subscription. No matter how many credit cards I try, when I clcik 'submit' it just pops up the Arlo logo and says 'Please wait...' and stays on that screen forever. This is from my desktop computer. I have tried multiple browsers and no luck.

I upgraded the number of cameras I have as well as added another base station, but it's all worthless because with the basic plan you cannot have more than 6 cameras.

I think it is VERY VERY poor customer service that they do not have a phone number ANYWHERE - and they obviously need a quick line of support for issues like these in order to process something over the phone. 

Anyone have any suggestions/ideas?

manfredz
Hero
Hero

Right under contact support at the bottom of every page.  Different numbers for other countries:

United States contact information:

(408)-638-3750

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TX75024,

Are you receiving any error messages? How long are you allowing the "Please wait..." message to sit?

JamesC