Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't setup a new system

Discussion stats
  • 20 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 13 In Conversation
Vulinhdl
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought an arlo devices and in progress of setting up.. Unluckily, when i tried to setup a new system for an account many many times, in last two days but always got the message: "we're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later.
Does anybody got same issue? How do i pass this?

Thanks
Linh
20 REPLIES 20
DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Vulinhdl,

Arlo Support is looking forward to helping you with this problem. We'll create a Support case and reach out to you from there. Please keep an eye out for our email. 

DanielT

Netgear Arlo Customer Support

MiBaDK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I am having the same problem and have been in contact with support already. Waiting for them to get back to me.

Just courious whether you got your problem solved and what the solution was?

Vulinhdl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

the NETGEAR support team has identified the root cause and they are working on this. once it's available, they will notify to me. 

I will update if any good news then.

MiBaDK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your update.

I just got reply from NetGear today and it seems that it is not possible to register from the Philippines.

They have informed me that this should be possible in 7-10 days. Crossing fingers for that schedule to stick.

DanielT
Arlo Employee Retired

MiBaDK wrote:

Thanks for your update.

I just got reply from NetGear today and it seems that it is not possible to register from the Philippines.

They have informed me that this should be possible in 7-10 days. Crossing fingers for that schedule to stick.

The ability to create an account from the Philippines is now in place. Please let us know if you experience any problems at all.

Daniel T

Netgear Arlo Customer Support

Pritam
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not able to setup account from philipines...can somebody help?

Also want to know what are the best posistions to fix the cameras

MiBaDK
Aspirant
Aspirant

After the update from NetGear it worked without problems for me. What errors do you get?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pritam,

Could you describe what issue you are having that is preventing you from completing the set up process? Are you getting any error messages? Please let us know so we can help.

JamesC

Money
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I press the new system setup, I get a message that says my phone and security have to be on the same WiFi.
I have reset my phone and refreshed my router.
I live in menifee and have a fios set up is that an issue
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not necessarily.  The issue is that the phone must be on WiFi using the same router that the base station is plugged into.  That is needed only for the discovery of the base station for initial setup.  Once set up, cell service will work since you're accessing Arlo severs rather than the base station directly.

That said, is your phone on WiFi supplied by your router?

Shellyg268
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issues and my phone and base are both connected to the same wifi
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To be clear, the base connects via Ethernet. The end result is the same.

Sounds like this is a new system. First, what are the leds showing on the base? You should have the left two leds showing green. If that is ok, try using the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber. Then try setting up again.

RELewis
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought an arlo devices and in progress of setting up.. but get the message: "We're sorry, Arlo is currently unavailable. Please try again later. How do I get past this because I have been attempting to set this up for the last few weeks.

Thanks,
Richard

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't tell us what device you're trying to set up. All of them have a reset button that you can press until whatever available LED(s) flash. Let it reboot and try again.  More details would be very useful.

MinHlaing
Initiate
Initiate
Hi Arlo Customer support,

I bought arlo pro from Singapore and I need to use in Myanmar. It seems like that system cannot setup like Phillipne before. Can you arrange arlo to use in Myanmar?

Thanks,
Min
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The system can be set up in any country that has Internet access to arlo.netgear.com.  However, if you want to upgrade your subscription which may not be available in all countries, you should first set it up in a country that has support for the upgraded subscription, using a credit card from that country.  You can then move the system to any other country and continue to use it as you wish.

bearcam
Aspirant
Aspirant

firmware upgrade required at conclusion of initial setup

system doesn't operate without required firmware upgrade

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
So upgrade. Try power cycling the base to see if it will automatically update when booted or wait overnight for the usual updates to occur on their own.
Pineland17
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now have two ARLO's finally got one to work but now can't get the other one work  this is a mess and no one

will call so we can figure this out---please call so we can find out what our problem is

manfredz
Hero
Hero

This is a user forum, not tech support.

If you want Netgear tech support, there's a contact support button on the bottom of every forum page.

However if you gave more details of problem and what you've tried, maybe some forum users can help you