Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My base station is intermittently going offline with no reason

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cfd
Aspirant
Aspirant

My base station is intermittently going offline with no reason.  I emailed support and have a ticket opened.

They sent an email link for me to provide best contact time, etc,, but the link returns "invalid token".  Live chat has been inoperable for days.  The "drop us a line" link is no longer operable and returns an "our engineers are working on it" response.  Needless to say, the phone line is swamped.  Just how are we supposed to reach support?  While my system had been great, I can no longer trust it, and the lack of support gives me no confidence.  Ideas??

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Cfd,

When you experience the base dropping offline, what is indicating that it is offline? The LEDs, an error message, something else?

What is the LED behavior on the base station when this happens?

JamesC

Cfd
Aspirant
Aspirant

The light on the base station for internet connection turns off.  Checking via app shows "base station offline" confirming it is indeed not connected. 

Cfd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am able to bring it back online by rebooting the modem, router, and base station, but it may stay connected 20 minutes or 5 days. All components are on a UPS backup.  Until the past few months, the system had performed flawlessly. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That means it could be a problem with one of 3 things: router, base or cable. Switching cables and using a different port helps nail it down.