Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Changing record times in a schedule mode

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
JarrodAllenS
Follower
Follower

So I can change the recording time for any mode except when I have it scheduled. Is there a way around this? Am I doing something wrong? 

16 REPLIES 16
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

JarrodAllenS wrote:

So I can change the recording time for any mode except when I have it scheduled. Is there a way around this? Am I doing something wrong? 

If you want to change recording times in the schedule, then set up/ create 2 Custom Modes....  exp : MODE 10 secs and MODE 1 min

( setting the records time as wanted in the modes )

then just use the two modes in the schedule as wanted to record

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JTP1
Guide
Guide

Tom,

The question was how to increase recorded video time in SHEDULE MODE>  I have the same question. 

If you make a seperate custome mode YOU CAN NOT SET A SCHEDULE for the camera to be armed. 

I want for my cameras to record at 1:30 seconds, max possible, durring certain hours. In my case after 10 pm going through 7 am. 

I can not set the record length in Shedule Mode nor can I "Schedule times for my cameras to be armed" in a custom mode where you can adjust the length of

time the camera records. 

Please advise if there is a way to lengthen the time that the cameras record in SCHEDULE MODE> 

Thanks in advance. 

Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

JTP1 wrote:
The question was how to increase recorded video time in SHEDULE MODE>  I have the same question. 

If you make a seperate custome mode YOU CAN NOT SET A SCHEDULE for the camera to be armed. 

I want for my cameras to record at 1:30 seconds, max possible, durring certain hours. In my case after 10 pm going through 7 am. 

I can not set the record length in Shedule Mode nor can I "Schedule times for my cameras to be armed" in a custom mode where you can adjust the length of

time the camera records. 

Please advise if there is a way to lengthen the time that the cameras record in SCHEDULE MODE> 

Ok, forget about the Schedule for a minute.

Let's just talk about modes.

So, you want to have all your cameras be active from 10 PM to 7 AM and record for 1:30 min. at each motion event, correct?

So, go into the Modes tab, click/tap on your base station name and at the bottom of the page click/tap on the Add a Mode button. Follow the on-screen instructions, name your new mode My Mode and continue by creating a rule for your first camera. In a rule you define four things:

1. What camera detects motion.
  2. At what sensitivity that camera detects motion.
  3. What camera is to record video footage when motion is detected on the camera in #1.
  4. How long the camera in #3 is to record.

So, in your rule, make sure to select your first camera for detection (step 1), the desired sensitivity (step 2), the same camera for recording (step 3) and a recording length of 90 seconds (step 4).

When the rule has been created you create another one with the same sensitivity and recording length, but for your next camera. Repeat by creating one rule for each camera that you want to use.

So, you'll end up with one new mode that contains as many rules as you have cameras. If you have four cameras, you'll have one new custom mode with four rules in it.

Going back to your Modes page, and after clicking/tapping on your base station you should see the default modes Armed, Disarmed, the Schedule and your new custom mode that you named My Mode.

Now, we want to go ahead and schedule your newly created mode. So, on the Modes page click/tap on the Edit icon for the Schedule. Delete all your scheduled items that you might already have there. To do this, you click on each item on the schedule and press the Delete button in the new dialog window. Do this until your Schedule has no mode scheduled on it.

Now on the Schedule page click/tap the +Add button and specify and define your first time window for your newly created mode. In the dialog window you select your mode, My Mode, check the weekdays you want your mode to be active on, set the Start Time, 10 PM, set the Stop Time, 12 AM, and finally you click/tap the Save button.

Next you create another time window. Again, press the +Add button, pick the desired weekdays, set the Start Time to 12 AM and the Stop Time to 7 AM. Hit the save button.

So, now you have scheduled your custom mode My Mode to be active between 10 PM and 7 AM on the desired weekdays days. Go back to the Mode page and click/tap on your base station and select Schedule. Now, your newly created custom mode will automatically be selected for you when 10 PM comes, and it will be deactivated at 7 AM.

Let's say you wanted to take the garbage out one night after 10 PM, but you wouldn't want to trip any of your cameras, because you didn't want to waste battery. What would you do? You simply go to your Mode page, click/tap on your base station and manually select the Disarmed mode, hence you are temporarily overriding and disabling the Schedule and manually setting the Disarmed mode. In Disarmed mode no camera is active, so it is safe to go take the garbage out. When you come back you arm your system again, selecting Schedule on your Mode page.

Jimmymac52
Aspirant
Aspirant

This help worked, but I can only add 1 camera to the Schedule Mode.

I tried to add another time with some overlap to see both. Can See

ADDED:

Drive Way Camera is set from 12:30 AM till 5:00 AM on Schedule

it is scheduled in Purple background

Tried to Add Front Door Camera

1:00 till 6:00 AM on Schedule

It is schedule in Gold background

When I go to save the last schedule

only one of the two is showing on the sehedule

Are both working?

or is just one

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You didn't add a camera to the schedule, you added a mode. If you want multiple cameras in your mode, just edit that mode and add cameras and change their settings. Be sure to save at every possible step. You can only have one mode active at a time in the schedule so set a mode for one time period, add another (perhaps with different settings or numbers of cameras) for a different time period. The lack of a mode in a time period means that all cameras are disarmed.

awcm77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Perfect explanation. Although a little more layers than I would have thought I'm starting to see the logic used now.

Thanks for the answer.

DylanLP
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have no delete button when editing my schedule, why is this?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you click on the time segment you want to delete?  The delete button is in that screen - you can modify it or delete it.

Jmurray067
Aspirant
Aspirant

Absolutely Perfect Answer,   Like someone else mentioned.  Quite a few additional layers than i would have anticipated.. but i am sure this will work out great in the long run. 

I am very impressed with my Arlo Cameras.. Thanks Again

JackAW
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I have set my three cameras up as you described but when I try to schedule them to run from 10pm to 6am, using the 10pm to 12am then 12am to 6 am as you said, it keeps reverting to 12am start. It allows the 12am to 6am but won't let me choose 10pm to 12am. Can you help? Thanks.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Slight issue - schedule from 10PM to 11:59PM.  While it looks like you might be missing a minute, the schedule operates over the whole minute of 11:59PM.

JackAW
Aspirant
Aspirant
Got it, thanks.
JDmartin27
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I followed your last reply and understand the scheduling order etc. My question:

We have a gym that has set class times that I'd like to record for their full length. During off hours, I'd like the cameras to be armed to come on when motion is detected, but only record for 30s. 

Is this possible? 

manfredz
Hero
Hero

edit the mode(s) you use within your schedule for each cam you want to change the record length (found in the record video part)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

JDmartin27 wrote:

We have a gym that has set class times that I'd like to record for their full length. During off hours, I'd like the cameras to be armed to come on when motion is detected, but only record for 30s.  

You can't set the Arlo cameras to record for more than 2 minutes and that's based on motion detection. If you choose to stay with Arlo, your best bet would be to use a Q camera with CVR (continuous video recording).  However, be aware that CVR is only a replay at 1x, not a recording you can download.  It's useful so you can go back and check things out but to "record" you'd need to use screen capture software to use while CVR is replaying.  It's a bit cumbersome but does work.

Millwright_Rob
Aspirant
Aspirant
You can also use the default 'Armed mode to adjust recording parameters.
Most problems I have had are the result of not clicking on 'Save' and using the back button on my phone instead.