Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discovery Failed when trying to sync

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cruisin67
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am new to this and just purchased VMB3130. Followed instructions for unit to be discovered by my phone app. I have unplugged and replugged unit numerous time and to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cruisin67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. I did contact customer support and they also tried to walk me through some steps. After trouble shooting we were still unable to make a connection so I then contacted my internet service provider. I also have a Netgear Wireless Router hooked up to my system and once they walked me through changing some settings on the unit we was then able to make a connection with my security camera device. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What LEDs are lit and what color?  You need power and Internet to be green. You also need the device you're using for setup to be o the same network (i.e. not on cell service).

Cruisin67
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply. I did contact customer support and they also tried to walk me through some steps. After trouble shooting we were still unable to make a connection so I then contacted my internet service provider. I also have a Netgear Wireless Router hooked up to my system and once they walked me through changing some settings on the unit we was then able to make a connection with my security camera device.