Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Emails notifications not being received from Arlo motion

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jamesnoel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am no longer receiving any email notifications when any motion is detected on any of the 4 Arlo cameras i have installed.  I immediately get the text notifications on my phone and videos are on the Arlo cloud when I login.  However none of the email addresses recieved any email from "alerts@arlo.com".

1) I deleted all users and re-added them.  I received the email notifications to confirm the adding of the user to each of the mailboxes/users i was setting up and Arlo acknoledges they are confirmed.  However i still dont get any further emails from Arlo.

2) I have tried this on 3 different email servers : Comcast.net, gmail.com, and my work email address - none of them get any Arlo motion notifications.

3) I also added "alerts@arlo.com" to the address book of each user.

4) I verifed all the addresses for each camera have the correct email spelling.

Why am I not recieving any emails?  I doubt it is the ISP as the same issue is occuring on all 3 that i have setup within Arlo.

6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try power cycling the base to see if that helps.

jamesnoel
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have tried rebootting the base and that does not help.  Also deleted all users and reset them all up with no success

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What mode are you using?  Sometime goobered modes cause various problems.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jamesnoel,

Check under Settings > Profile to make sure you have verified the email address used to set up the account. You will then receive an email asking to verify. This must be done before email alerts will be received.

JamesC

jamesnoel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes all email addresses are confirmed.  I even deleted them and reset users up.  I receive the email to confirm the email address for each user which comes from the same "alerts@arlo.com" so that is why I would expect the motion notifications to also work.

i also created a simple single rule to only trigger when Motion was on our porch and that rule also does not work

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jamesnoel,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC