Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Error triggering Base Station Update ERROR

Discussion stats
cherry-pie
Star
Star

i just updated the Arlo app today only to find a brand new popup that states "new firmware 1.2.2688 update is available for camera # 1". I click to update and then it looks like its updating but 10 seconds later an orange band at the top of the app says "Error triggering base station update". I tried this 5 times - same thing. I also tried unconnecting and re-connecting the base station and tried multuple times again = fail...

if i go to Settings> My Devices > Camera 1 has a triangle exclamation and it wants me to update the firmware but i cant.

Any suggestions on how to correctly update the firmware for this camera since following this logically hasnt helped 😕     ? 

46 REPLIES 46
ozzyjoe48
Aspirant
Aspirant
And I have the same problem anyone had any luck fixing it?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be a weak signal strength or interference.  Swap cameras around and see if the problem follows the camera or position.

Smablong
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any update to this problem? I have the same issue with 1 camera.
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Smablong wrote:
Any update to this problem? I have the same issue with 1 camera.

Check to see if your camera(s) emit an irregular clicking noise. I just exchanged a camera through Arlo support that was doing that and went through a set of batteries within a day or two. The clicking noise is the IR-filter being moved back and forth in front of the camera lens. This is my own diagnosis based on observations.

For more details see the following thread, specifically my response in the third post:

MrSpock
Aspirant
Aspirant
this must be it i agree!
Nate4445
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having same issue. Brand new batteries in the camera.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nate4445,

Firmware updates usually take place on their own overnight. Are you still experiencing this issue or has your firmware automatically updated to the latest version? If your cameras batteries are low or depleted, this will prevent firmware updates from initiating. You can check your base station and camera firmware by:

Base station: Log in to your Arlo Account > Settings > My Devices > Select your base station > Scroll down to firmware version

Camera: Log in to your Arlo Account > Settings > My Devices > Select your camera > Sroll down to firmware version

JamesC

Geezerwheezer
Initiate
Initiate

I'm adding 2 new cameras and getting the same problem.

Error Triggering Base Station Update.

It recognises both cameras are on an older firmware version, but the update fails with the orange band displaying said message, whether I have chosen to update 1, or all...

csfirearms
Tutor
Tutor

Just wait for them to update on their own.  I had the same problem and they updated automatically during the night.  It wouldn't update if I try to make them.

CSF

Geezerwheezer
Initiate
Initiate
Hi,
Thanks, they are updated, but I managed to get it to work as follows:
I stopped trying to update them using the android app on my tablet, and instead logged in via the website on my pc. The update button that was sitting over the placeholders for the new cameras performed the upgrade successfully.
Minauros
Aspirant
Aspirant

Similar (if not same) issue here. New out-of-the-box, battery at 100%, firmware version 1.2.7730, says the affected camera IS connected to the base station, AND it is sending alerts when motion is detected.

But…

If I go to live view, it says that a firmware update is needed, and then it will not update. There were two cameras in the box, and the other one (much further away) did fine. Currently the "bad" one is sitting a few inches from the base station, and still no joy.

When I try to update from my computer, I get slightly more information; it tells me base_station_error_4012. Now I am willing to wait and see what happens overnight, but I am wondering how that will help, when the automatic update does the same thing I am trying to do manually.

This is a kind of disappointing initial experience with my new Arlo equipment.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing the camera in Settings, My Devices and resync. Any luck?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Minauros,

Did allowing the camera to attempt the update overnight resolve the issue or are you still seeing this error message/update notification?

Please let us know,

JamesC

Pinkyb
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am also getting the same error
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What have you tried?  

Geyung
Aspirant
Aspirant

I fixed the error by delete the camera from the base and resync it back, is is no longer asking for update, because it has been updated and worked fine then.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

it could be a bad cam but I'd look for other reasons first.

First thing I'd suspect is its got a weak connection to the base station and repeatedly trying to connect to the base station, thus eating up the battery juice.  It doesnt have to be furthest to have weakest signal, some interference such as a wall etc could do it.

Swap out the cam that eats batteries with one that doesnt and see if problem moves with the cam or now is experienced by the new cam.

jeanieerwin
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is all so ridiculous. We shouldn't have to wait overnight or use our computers. A new out of the box system should update when it asks you to select update. I've spent 2 hours on this already, plus the only motion the cameras pick up is when I move the cameras. My Ring doorbell worked out of the box. After another of jacking with these, if they don't work, back to the store and I'll go for the ring cameras
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jeanieerwin,

Did your system complete the update automatically or are you still experiencing an issue? Please let us know.

JamesC

S0N
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had the same issue. I tried different solutions as suggested online but it didn't work. Then I uninstalled the Arlo app. from my device and reinstalled the app. The issue is SOLVED.
taylormade
Tutor
Tutor

Mine says the same thing. My base station shows FW version of 1.2.16720.  BOth cams work, only 1 asked for update but will not update.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This the original wireless section - you seem to be referring to a Pro base. Your base is out of date firmware-wise. That needs to update before things will update for the cameras and work properly.