Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I extend the record time, longer than 10 seconds?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
DB925
Follower
Follower

How do I extend the record time, longer than 10 seconds?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

How do I adjust Arlo video recording length?

You can personalize your Arlo cameras to record videos from approximately 10 to 120 seconds long. On Arlo Pro Wire-Free, Arlo Q, and Arlo Q Plus cameras, you can also set your camera to record until motion stops, up to 300 seconds (5 minutes). 

To adjust Arlo video recording length:

1. Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at arlo.netgear.com.
  2. Tap or click Mode.
  3. Select the base station or camera that you want to adjust.
  4. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to the mode for which you want to edit recording length.
    Note: You cannot adjust recording length for Disarmed or Schedule modes, only for active modes such as Armed.
  5. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to the rule that you want to edit.
    If the mode only has one rule, it is preselected.
  6. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to Record Video.
    Note: If Record Video is not selected, you cannot edit recording length.
  7. Select Record until activity stops (up to 300 sec) or select Record for a fixed length of time and move the slider to your preferred recording length.
  8. Tap < Edit Rule or click Back.
  9. Tap Done or click Save.
    Your recording length is updated.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
steve_t
Master Master
Master

How do I adjust Arlo video recording length?

You can personalize your Arlo cameras to record videos from approximately 10 to 120 seconds long. On Arlo Pro Wire-Free, Arlo Q, and Arlo Q Plus cameras, you can also set your camera to record until motion stops, up to 300 seconds (5 minutes). 

To adjust Arlo video recording length:

1. Launch the Arlo app or log in to your Arlo account at arlo.netgear.com.
  2. Tap or click Mode.
  3. Select the base station or camera that you want to adjust.
  4. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to the mode for which you want to edit recording length.
    Note: You cannot adjust recording length for Disarmed or Schedule modes, only for active modes such as Armed.
  5. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to the rule that you want to edit.
    If the mode only has one rule, it is preselected.
  6. Tap the pencil icon or click > next to Record Video.
    Note: If Record Video is not selected, you cannot edit recording length.
  7. Select Record until activity stops (up to 300 sec) or select Record for a fixed length of time and move the slider to your preferred recording length.
  8. Tap < Edit Rule or click Back.
  9. Tap Done or click Save.
    Your recording length is updated.
NightRanger
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you very much for your instructions! I never saw the 'Save' button and was wondering why a certain camera never retained my new recording length and kept reverting back to the default setting of 10 seconds as soon as I exit the 'Mode' section of my account. 🙂

steve_t
Master Master
Master

The save button is so important!! But also awkwardly placed!! Glad it's working for you now

Christine99
Tutor
Tutor

I must be missing a step or something.  I've had my system for about 2 years and this has just been a problem recently.  I go into Mode and it shows the base station Armed with the cameras listed below in a box titled Rules.  There is no pencil, and when I click on Edit next to the camera I want to change, all I can get is Edit Rule.  When I change the record time from 10 to 20, there is no Save button on that page and no Arlo Back arrow.  All I can do is click my computer Back button, which takes me back to the Mode page showing the base as Armed.  Again, no Save button.  What am I missing? 

manfredz
Hero
Hero

have you tried using a different browser?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Christine99 wrote:

I must be missing a step or something.  I've had my system for about 2 years and this has just been a problem recently.  I go into Mode and it shows the base station Armed with the cameras listed below in a box titled Rules.  There is no pencil, and when I click on Edit next to the camera I want to change, all I can get is Edit Rule.  When I change the record time from 10 to 20, there is no Save button on that page and no Arlo Back arrow.  All I can do is click my computer Back button, which takes me back to the Mode page showing the base as Armed.  Again, no Save button.  What am I missing? 

Christine, I noticed the same problem with the web interface. What you need to do is click "Edit Rule"  next to Motion Settings to take you back a step and find the save button down the bottom of that page. Doing this will allow the new motion sensitivity setting to be saved

Arlo1.jpg

Christine99
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you!  That worked.

Gabriel123
Initiate
Initiate
In mode settings it does not have an option to record until activity stops
steve_t
Master Master
Master