Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
camCHLO
Star
Star

I've had multiple issues trying to get Arlo to work. It performed properly for 3 days and then the problems started.  The base unit would constantly lose the Internet connection and on the control panel (on the web) it would say offline.  But I'd get motion activation notices on my smart phone anyway. Strange.

Next, pulled batteries from cameras and paper clip reset base station. Only one camer will re-sync and base station still won't play

So I deactivated the base station from my account...probably the wrong thing to do!!!  Now I cannot figure out how to re-associate my base station to my account.

Ideas welcome, and thank you.

38 REPLIES 38
alpet
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not have a "add a base staion" , now what do I do?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Drea2003, alpet

The engineering team has identified and resolved this issue. Are you still experiencing this behavior?

JamesC

DonaldLaborde
Guide
Guide

Hello,

I don't have the option to add a base station down the page of subscription !?

Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

DonaldLaborde,

You can add a base station to an existing Arlo account by clicking the "Add Device" button on the cameras screen. This feature was implemented in the latest UI update. Please let me know if you have any issues with this!

JamesC

Alogan25
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had the exact same issue silva. Deactivated base station now all won't find base station. Tried to do factory reset, held sync button and reset button down for almost a minute, lights never turned amber... I've only had the system about 2 months and no problem. Went to move system into another room and bam, no more connectivity. All 3 lights are but app can't find base station....
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're resetting improperly.  Since the beginning of the year update has us using only the reset button, not the reset and sync buttons together. Try again.

RJM123
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've tried this but, even scrolling to the bottom of the page, I don't have any option to add a base station. Is there a different solution? Or are accounts in the UK different?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Tell us what steps you're taking, what the LEDs are doing, and maybe post a screenshot of your display so we can see what you're seeing.

RJM123
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm following the steps suggested (Setttings, Subscriptions, etc) at the start of this thread.  The LED's are fine.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You do realize that a lot has happened/changed since this thread started a year and a half ago.  Without knowing exactly what you've done, all we can do is guess.  

marc2376
Aspirant
Aspirant
i tried to do what it says to do but it still wont work
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And you haven't told us the problem and what you're tried to do to fix it.

LTCO
Initiate
Initiate

It's the economy!

If you do a Factory Reset when you login to your account the "add a base station" has been moved to the first page along with the other selections NOT at the bottom of the devices page.

LTCO
Initiate
Initiate

You are starting over, Right?

So it makes sense it will be on the first page.