Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Logging in from more than 1 location....

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
jvazquez930
Tutor
Tutor

Is it possible to be logged in at the same time from more than 1 location, i.e. on laptop and smartphone? Every time I attempt to it logs me off from one of them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4vrnvr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, go to settings and setup a friend account. You can also decide if you want the friend account to be able to change settings or just view. The primary account can only be logged in at a single location as you have found out. Hope this helps.

Greg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
4vrnvr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yes, go to settings and setup a friend account. You can also decide if you want the friend account to be able to change settings or just view. The primary account can only be logged in at a single location as you have found out. Hope this helps.

Greg

jvazquez930
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you for the quick response.
mhammo
Tutor
Tutor

" The primary account can only be logged in at a single location"

I find this very frustrating. I often login on my phone and the browser and hate it when it bumps the other one off.

Often I may want to view the camera screen and the mode setting screen in 2 different browser windows; but this site won't let me do that.

Mike

rumblingjack
Aspirant
Aspirant
If you add a friend do they use your password or setup there on?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, they do not use the primary owners name/password

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

mhammo wrote:

" The primary account can only be logged in at a single location"

I find this very frustrating. I often login on my phone and the browser and hate it when it bumps the other one off.

Often I may want to view the camera screen and the mode setting screen in 2 different browser windows; but this site won't let me do that.

Mike

You can get around that by adding your second email address as a friend. That way you can log in using each account at the same time. Not the same thing that you want but close.

kitkathouse
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have tried twice to have a friends account, just today both links did not work that they sent me via email. April 24, 2017

AND when you try to reply to the message there is no "TO" email indicated.

Join The Arlo Party!

Create my own Arlo Account

If the link above doesn=E2=80=99t connect you to the= arlo.netgear.com website, copy and paste this address into your browser:

https://arlo.netgear.com/?registrationToken=3D6174733a313439333= 035393131393232383b7569643a32474246...

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kitkathouse,

After clicking the link, you should be brought to a log in page, where the shared access account can be created.

Did you get an error after clicking the link? What indicates that the link does not work?

JamesC