Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

I recently discovered that Netgear made a new feature available, namely to be able to record on two different cameras simultanesouly triggered by the same motion event.

In order to test this, I created a new mode and in it the following two rules:

1. If camera A detects motion, record video on camera A.
  2. If camera A detects motion, record video on camera B.

However, after activating the mode and triggering a motion event on camera A, I noticed that only video clips from camera B were in my library.

I then reset the base station, and the videos from camera A magically appeared.

However, now they are nowhere (in the library) to be found again. New motion events also only show video clips from camera B in the library. It doesn't make a difference whether I use the desktop browser or Android app. Video clips from camera A recorded in the new mode are just not showing up, even though I know they are there as the video clip count on the camera page for camera A is incremented correctly with each new motion event triggered.

Can someone run a test and confirm this behavior with the ruleset above, since recording on two different cameras concurrently given the same motion event seems to be a fairly recent feature addition? I'm not sure if a lot of people have created rulesets like these yet.

3 REPLIES 3
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

This has already been tested by a few of us and also having the same issues as you are.  I have another post on this and have already stated that Netgear needs to fix.

Will they, I don't know.  Since there are never forthcoming on problems or fixes, we will just have to wait and see.

-Robert
Anaids
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm experiencing same issue is there a fix for it
Anaids
Aspirant
Aspirant
I called support line there response was itvwas a glitch and would look into it but as soon as I upgraded my subscription on all my a missing Clips magically appeared