Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SixSigmaGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Model: VMS3230C
Base Station:
     HW Version: VMB301r2
     Serial Number: 48946B7NB21EB
     Firmware: 1.8.8.0_115281
Camera1:
     HW Version: H11
     Serial #: 4WA16B709A678
     Firmware: 1.2.10342
Camera2:
     HW Version: H11
     Serial #: 4WA16B7N958B4
     Firmware: 1.2.10342

I purchased the Arlo 2 Camera HD Security System yesterday for my boat.  I'm encountered several concerns and will address each in a separate post.  In this post, I'm concerned about the battery life.  I only opened the box last night and inserted the batteries.  It said the battery was at 99%.  This morning, though, it's saying 87%.  It's already gone down 13% in only 16 hours.  At that rate, my batteries will be completely drained in 6 days.  I've read all the literature about increasing battery life and I've followed it all. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?  This is the case with both my new cameras.  Could it be that I'm on a boat and the boat is always moving slightly?  Still, it didn't record that many videos overnight and, supposedly, it only records when it senses motion.

3 REPLIES 3
manfredz
Hero
Hero

see my other reply to your other post.

SixSigmaGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did.  But I'm not recording continuous video.  So far, I'm running the system exactly as it came out of the box.  My thought it that it has to do with the motion on a boat. 

manfredz
Hero
Hero

look in your library, total the number of minutes a day you are recording and let us know