Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ModelVMS53330C - Do I have to re sync cameras after a power outage due to Hurricane Irma.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
sac17
Aspirant
Aspirant

Base station shows disarmed and Arlo no longer sends detection to my cell phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you simply can't access the system after a lengthy power outage. Assuming your Internet is working, try turning off you rmodem, router and base and then turn them on again in that order, allowing each to initialize before going to the next. Your batteries in the cameras may be dead from trying to connect to the base that was off so be sure to use known good batteries.

Worst case, reset the system by removing all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button to add the base and sync the cameras (again with known good batteries).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you simply can't access the system after a lengthy power outage. Assuming your Internet is working, try turning off you rmodem, router and base and then turn them on again in that order, allowing each to initialize before going to the next. Your batteries in the cameras may be dead from trying to connect to the base that was off so be sure to use known good batteries.

Worst case, reset the system by removing all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device button to add the base and sync the cameras (again with known good batteries).

sac17
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the help. It turned out my base station was disarmed and that was my problem.

I did do what you suggested and found out what my problems were.