Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MitchClark
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a 3 camera setup. My cams are synced and in position. After syncing the motion sensor kicked them on and recorded 100 videos. I can see them live be now but after placing them . They will not kick on. I expected them to record as I left for work. They did not. I am able to live feed them and record. Any suggestions why or what I may have turned off or on. Any help is appreciated thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are each of the running men for your cameras in the Devices tab black or gray? Black is armed, gray is disarmed. If disarmed, go to the Mode tab, click on your base and verify that the Armed mode is selected. You may need to edit the mode to increase the sensitivity. Remember that people will only be detected to about 20 feet.

MitchClark
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes all modes are set to armed. Sensitivity is at 100%. As I left this morning my truck was less than 20' from each one as I passed them. Is there any test I can preform when I get home. As in jus go out try get them to record by walking around? Or other means . Thanks
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need real motion to test, whether just o see if you get a recordinbg or to use the Motion Detection Test for your cameras in Settings. While you're doing that, though, post screenshots here for suggestions.