Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
wiltonken
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am thinking of purchasing another Base Staion with 4 cameras. I have 2 questions.

1) If I attach the Base Station to my existing home network that already has a Base Station. Do I have to create a separate ID and password for the additional Base Station and cameras?

2) If I attach the Base Station to a different home network at a different geographic location. Do I have to create a separate ID and password for the additional Base Station cameras?

29 REPLIES 29
Markincali
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, plugged into the same hub directly connected to the router
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I'm thinking a bad base but try swapping cables between bases. Leave them connected to the same ports on the switch - just disconnect from the bases and swap. Try a reset on the second base using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.
roy9183
Star
Star

Hi , Can you also clarify the following.

Kit 1 : Base + 5 Cameras  registered to A email account .

Kit 2 :Base + 5 Cameras  registered to B email account .

Kit 3 : Base + 5 Cameras  registered to C email account .

Kit 4 : Base + 5 Cameras  registered to D email account .

All the Kits 1,2,3,4 have give access to each other . Can we view all the 20 cameras from 1 single app ? Is there a limitation in doing so ?

Unfortunatelly NETGEAR have never started any services in the Middle East  for more than 1 year and they do not seem very intrested in doing so , so i am trying to cover my house with 20 cameras using the basic plan as the only option.

Regards
Roy

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yes, you can do this. I know of no limitations.

Use Settings, Grant Access from each additional account to one central account. Once the invitation email steps have been completed, all cameras will be seen in one login. Add the additional privileges so it's as close as you can get to using the master accounts for each. There are differences but it's 90% the same.
roy9183
Star
Star

Thanks Guys for your help. Will get the purchases done and get cracking on it.