Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

My system went down and now I cannot get it restarted

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rannnan71
Aspirant
Aspirant

My system went down and now I cannot get it restarted.  The system does not recognize my basestation and it keeps asking me to add a device.  Whats wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rannnan71
Aspirant
Aspirant

They were green but I had to do a factory reset and start over.  I was able to get my system up and running again.  Thanks

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What are the base LEDs showing? There should be at least 2 green ones, power and Internet. You may need to reset and start fresh but let's try to avoid that.

rannnan71
Aspirant
Aspirant

They were green but I had to do a factory reset and start over.  I was able to get my system up and running again.  Thanks

CCNE37
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had this happen a few months ago - it sucks. I still don't know what caused it - one day it just stopped working.

The stupid thing about the Arlo system, is that there is no way of backing up your configuration, modes etc. When I did the reset, everthing was lost - all modes, comms setups (messaging etc), all schedules - the whole lot. It took me a couple of hours of programming from scratch to get it back to where I had it before.

I contacted Netgear, and their response was something like "that is the way it is", which I thought was pretty weak. I suggested to them that they should provide an option to download the setup on to a USB stick plugged into the base station. My guess is that this may be an option on the newer Arlo Pro base station, and screw all of the earleir Arlo owners.