Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo cameras issue with live streaming/cameras offline

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
Kingoftheblues
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had my Arlo cameras for approximately one month and have had to deal with a long list of annoying messages when trying to go live such as getting status, please wait, unable to play try again and then the constant buffering but it gets even better.
Twice this week all of my cameras were offline, I was able to get back online by unplugging to base station then plug it back in.
I hope someone can help me with my problem because so far these cameras have been worthless

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kingoftheblues
Aspirant
Aspirant
Problem solved thanks for the replies I got in touch with Comcast and increased my internet speed

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Are you wanting to never have to wait, never have video buffering etc?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Kingoftheblues wrote:
I have had my Arlo cameras for approximately one month and have had to deal with a long list of annoying messages when trying to go live such as getting status, please wait, unable to play try again and then the constant buffering but it gets even better.

Is it possible your data thru-put is slow?   Have you tested it with Speedtest?

Constant buffering is a sign of low data rate.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Kingoftheblues
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your response buffering is not my main concern my main concern is being away from home and getting a message that your cameras are offline

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kingoftheblues,

Cameras dropping offline could be due to poor connection (WiFi interference or range). Where are the cameras located? Do you see the same behavior if the cameras are brought close to the base station?

As TomMac suggests above, who is your ISP and what are your download/upload speeds?

JamesC

Kingoftheblues
Aspirant
Aspirant
Problem solved thanks for the replies I got in touch with Comcast and increased my internet speed
Greg88
Tutor
Tutor
I'm having the same problem again. When I launch  the arlo app on my android tablet each of cameras displays "buffering" then after a minute or two the cameras displays "offline" or "disconnected try again later".   Its frustrating because it works fine for several days then suddenly for no easily apparent reason the cameras stop working/disconnected.  I power down the tablet, turn it back on and restart the arlo app but the problem  persists.  My Wifi connection is confirmed  because my browser and email both work  fine.   If I run the arlo app on my android phone everything works fine. This same problem  happened less than a week ago, then suddenly everything started working again.   It's getting very frustrating because i cant rely on arlo for home security.  Please advise. Thank you.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Greg88,

If you experience this issue on the tablet but not your phone, this indicates a problem with the tablet. What is the model and what Android OS version is it running?

JamesC

XPat
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a similar issue with a Moto G 3rd gen running
Android 6.0.1.
The offline status message is frequent. At this stage it is now a surprise when it connects. The problem has occured only within the last few months.
I have to use my wife's phone running Moto G 2rd gen Android 5.1 to activate the cameras.
Pat.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is a new Android app update available (2.4.0) for download through the Play Store. Please download the latest update and let me know if you still experience this issue.

JamesC