Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Mizzike34
Aspirant
Aspirant

For some reason, I have not been getting any push notifications sent to my phone or to my email as well. Well one night at about 10 olcock while I was at work, I had an irky feeling to check my cameras. Low and behold at 6 oclock, there was a video of 5 kids kicking in my door rushing into my house. At the time I had 2 cameras aimed towards the front yard and neither one of them notified me on the phone at the time of motion detection to give me time to call the police and have them show up and arrest the punk kids. They took my electronics and unplugged the hub station when trying to take everything else so I was not able to get the video of them leaving the house with whatever things of mine they took. Also, with the time being between daylight and nighttime, the cameras had shifted into night vision mode and was not able to get a clear crisp look at the faces. In all, my biggest irk here is that these cameras are supposed to notify whenever motion is detected and still they do not send notifcications to my phone. It is an android with the most updated version of the app, but I don't think that should matter if the setting is set to also notify by email. I haven't been able to find an actual contact number to get ahold of ARLO to get something figured out, but for as much as I paid for this system, I expect it to work and to help me prevent break ins from happening like the one I had occur.

10 REPLIES 10
Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

Check your notification settings on your smartphone.

Mizzike34
Aspirant
Aspirant

That's the thing. All the settings and notification checks are set proper and they still do not work. I've logged off/on and even had the router reset (from when they unplugged it). Everything is set and proper but the notifications still do not show up.

Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

Have you checked in mode settings in armed...that camera..at bottom..push notifications?

Mizzike34
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. I have had it set in ARM the entire time with Push Notifications and Send Email both selected/checked and they still do not work.

Chillmiester
Luminary
Luminary

Try resetting the base back to factory default.

in_same_soup
Aspirant
Aspirant

same prob

tried same solutions

read somwhere to chek with phone service provider and ask to convet phone numbr to TXT address

have not tried this yet

ccarrillo21
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem..Does anyone have a fix. Does anyone know how to set your cellphone number so you could get the push notifications

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Push notifications have nothing to do with the phone number. Having the app installed and not being logged out of the app is what's needed. Your modes must have push notifications enabled and the phone settings for the app must allow the app to provide the notifications.
karmilli
Guide
Guide

My system stopped sending notifications until I called support (I have only had the system for a few days). I got the most rude lady who I could barely understand and she pinged the system and reset it.  She suggested I leave it "armed" ALL the time. I explained that when we are outside in the yard (often) we like to turn it off so we don't get bombarded with unnecessary notifications. She said leave it "armed". I asked her if it would be better to leave the system armed but turn off the individual cameras as needed and she just kept responding "set it armed". It was obvious that she wasn't understanding my question and when I told her I don't think you understand what I am saying she sarcastically said "yes ma'am I DO understand" and hung up on me. Nice.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

karmilli,

I am sorry to hear about the poor support experience. You can change the mode at your leisure depending on whether or not you want the camera to detect motion. This should not have any negative impact on your system.

If you continue experiencing an issue with receiving notifications in the future, please let me know.

JamesC