Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Nick_357
Star
Star

Dear Arlo,

We have been happy users of the Arlo system for allmost two years now. But since what I believe was the last Arlo app update (8:th march?) there has been a bunch of problems with the Arlo system, which renders the system almost useless now.

Geofencing does not recognize any of our phones, both are unavailable. We have tried reinstalling the apps and registrering new users, changing phone names (no special characters), etc.

Because of Geofencing not working we arm the system manually, however this does't work either because all rules are gone from time to time, causing the system to be in disarmed mode. If I unlog and log back in the rules are back for some time only to be disarmed again after some time.

We haven't changes phones, an Iphone 6 with IOS 11 and an Iphone 7 with IOS 10.

I'm aware that you are looking at a bug fix regarding Geofencing, Please hurry, because we need our cameras to be armed and online!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you updated your app? The update still gives me the session expired message but simply hitting the Back button clears it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
katebillb
Initiate
Initiate

We are having the same issue, no longer works on my phone -- almost never -- I have to log out and back in again and it will work Once...but then I have to do that every single time I go to look at my cameras.  Its insane.  Maybe its time for RING...because this is not okay...we paid way too much money for Arlo cameras for this to continue. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you updated your app? The update still gives me the session expired message but simply hitting the Back button clears it.

Nick_357
Star
Star

Yes, both phones updated maybe a week ago.

Now I tried reinstalling my ”master” phone again and this time I got two notifications to share location information which I didn’t get before.

Phone now shows as ”in zone” Did the same on the second phone and same result, two notifications to accept location sharing, and showing ”in zone”

Yaaay, fingers crossed that it works again! I could’t see that there was an updated app, but something has definately changed.

I`ll test for a day or two and post results.

Thank you for the tip, would never have thought another reinstall would help!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Last week was an older update. The current one was updated yesterday. Automatic updates or daily checking are good ideas.

Nick_357
Star
Star

Geofencing worked this morning! second reinstall seem to have solved some location services bug.

software version still is 2.4.7 with release date march 4th though. (Apple version)

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent cloud update along with an update for the Android Arlo mobile app has been released that should resolve this issue. Please visit the app store and be sure you are up to date on the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App: Release Notes - Android App 2.4.10 - 26th March 2018

If you continue to experience this issue, please let us know.

JamesC