Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Removed Arlo camera after replacing batteries but unable to re-add

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
klataxes
Follower
Follower

I replaced the batteries in one of my Arlo cameras after receiving a battery low alert, but it still read battery at 7%.  I removed the camera and attempted to re-add it.  I thought I had successfully re-paired it to the base station but it does not show up on my list of devices.  Please help

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try power cycling the base.

SAM21
Apprentice
Apprentice

Don't have any answer to your issue.. I am having the same issue with my cameras not sync to the base station. Contact tech support and went through the steps of re-cycing to base station, put in new batteries with no results. Tech support currently want me to take the cameras and base station to a different location to see if I could re-sync them. I have not tried that yet because all of my family and friends live in a difference city. Based on tech support, other with similar issue werer able to re-sync their cameras in another location and came back to their home and was able to use the cameras. Good Luck !!! And if you resolve your issue, please post.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What ISP and speeds do you see using speedtest.net?  Some weird issues can arise due to a variety of things.

SAM21
Apprentice
Apprentice

My ISP is Charter Communications, the Download speed is 60.75 and the upload speed is 5.75 Mbps.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
A strange possibility is the ISP DNS servers. Try using Google's servers in your router - 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 - or OpenDNS at 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.222.220.
SAM21
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thanks for the tip, but unformately the open DNS did not help. When tried the google server – the route stop working not sure why, have to reset the route back to original setting.  

DAVEW1954
Aspirant
Aspirant
What should download speed be and upload speed be
DAVEW1954
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

DAVEW1954 wrote:
What should download speed be and upload speed be

Download speed usually isn't the issue but upload speed should be at least 1Mbs - more is at least somewhat better.