Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Return/Exchange

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 81 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
MexLuthor
Tutor
Tutor
One of four pro cameras out. I NEED IT NOW. I couldn't return to Best Buy cause I'd have to uninstall what I've done. I bought this yesterday. I NEED IT NOW.
8 REPLIES 8
MexLuthor
Tutor
Tutor
I want a new camera sent to me or I'll just return the whole kit. I need FOUR cameras. Not three. And I need it NOW. I have security issues to dea with.
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

You are going to be better off returning it to best buy and getting another.  The RMA process can be lengthy and you'll have to contact customer support and go thru some troubleshooting first.  It would be much easier to go to best buy and swap it. 

You did not mention the exact error you have, but in general, camera issues (slight of hardware problems) can usually be resolved by:

1. Go to the Arlo App - Locate the camera that's not working and remove it.

2. Remove/Replace the battery in the camera.

3.  Give the camera a moment to power on, and while your Arlo camera is within 1-3 feet of the base, add the device back, follow the steps for resynching the camera to the base.

4. Check to see if the issue has cleared.

Perhaps provide us more detail with the issue so we can determine your best course of action.

Scorpiodsu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just return to Best Buy.  I had a 4 pack and 1 of the cameras had the issue of the constant motion alert at night.  Best Buy couldn't take just 1 back.  So after I returned them all, I purchased 1 camera kit and 3 separate cameras.  After Amazon price match, it came about $10 bucks cheaper than the 4 pack altogether.  And now if one of the cameras has issues I only have to deal with that one individually.  With 90 purchase protection from my credit card, it also makes for claim processing since the 1 camera is under the protection threshold and already itemized.  I strongly suggest people to purchase the camera individually and shop around for price differences so the cost is roughly the same.

MexLuthor
Tutor
Tutor
Wow. Thanks everyone. That's terrible. So much work and installing and then this. It seems like many packs come with one defective. They act so shocked when you call into customer service, too. "Really?? That's so odd! Sorry to hear that!" Lol.
Lindagg63
Initiate
Initiate

I have tried all the suggestions I have found here for the one camera that is not working out of three we bought in a set. I ordered them from Home Depot and followed directions for set up. Since the first day one camera has always lost signal within a day of replacing the batteries. I have tried every solution except returning the camera and have even moved it inside to see if it just wasn't close enough to the Signal. I went as far as placing it right by the Arlo tower and the wireless Netgear modem and still it tells me it has lost connection. I have replaced the batteries day after day thinking maybe i had bad batteries but after buying batteries day after day, every other day for a month, I have had to come to the conclusion I have a faulty camera and need to have it replaced by Arlo or I need to advertise on social media that Arlo is not the way to go. The batteries need to be replace every 24 hours? You guys tell me how to go about getting this one faulty camera replaced by Arlo, Please! I have even gotten the best signal extender and nothing keeps this camera from saying lost signal or batteries need to be replaced. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are a ton of suggestions all over this site about how to proceed.  Either swap the system at the store or open a case with support using the Contact Support link at the bottom here. Duno why folks beat their heads against a brick wall for so long before exploring these options.

larealboy
Guide
Guide

This is the exact same problem I have currently. I had already start packing before I read your comment to return to Best Buy.  I think I am going to take your idea by purchasing them sperately. I must say I am very disappointed in Arlo with their RMA process. 

MexLuthor
Tutor
Tutor
Yup. Terrible. But glad you saved yourself the trouble.