Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Show Arlo Camera on Echo Show with external script/trigger (i.e. doorbell)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tommynocker82
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

What I'm trying to do is showing the live feed from an arlo cam on the Echo Show triggered by my doorbell.

I'm using the fhem perl based home automation server to interact with with the Alexa services already but wasnt able to find the correct call to the Alexa API yet that would show the live feed from the arlo cam.

The benefit of being able to trigger the Echo Show directly from the doorbell would be that you wouldnt have to say "Alexa, show frontdoor camera" after you heard the bell ring and then wait for the picture to show and save that time that could make the difference between holding your desired parcel in hands right away or the delivery guy just leaving a note in your mailbox. 😉

Maybe somebody digged into this already.

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

tommynocker82,

This isn't something you would be able to do with just the Echo Show integration. You may be able to achieve something similar by using another partner integration such as stringify to allow this type of interaction.

For more information on what you can do with the Arlo-Echo integration, take a look here: How can I use the Amazon Echo Show or Fire TV with my Arlo cameras?

JamesC

tommynocker82
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

Thanks for the reply.
What I'm trying to find out is, what exactly is the call that is being sent back to the echo show when I say: "Alexa, show front door." 

I'f I knew that I would/should/could be able to replicate that call to the alexa api via script.

Since the Echo show doesnt seem to support debugging, I'll try it with the fire tv stick.

tob_10
Aspirant
Aspirant