Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
unflownsky
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a two floor house and 1 modem/router to which the base station is connected. Is there any way to boost the signal of the base station ? I have signal problems on the lower floor...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the powerline has an etherent port and supports more than 1Mbs upload ( most do ) it should work

Easy thing is to plug in a laptop and confirm internet access and run a Speed test ( http://www.speedtest.net/ )

PS, yes, the closest cameras or by group you would sync to that second base

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

unflownsky wrote:

I have a two floor house and 1 modem/router to which the base station is connected. Is there any way to boost the signal of the base station ? I have signal problems on the lower floor...

You have two choices....

1) you can centrally location the base with a wifi extender or long ethernet cable

2) use a second base unit ( there is no limit on bases ) with above wifi extender and sync the closest cameras to the second base

unflownsky
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac,

thanks for your answer. Actually at the lower floor I have a D-Link Powerline. Do you know if I can connect another base to the Powerline ethernet plug and then sync new cams?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the powerline has an etherent port and supports more than 1Mbs upload ( most do ) it should work

Easy thing is to plug in a laptop and confirm internet access and run a Speed test ( http://www.speedtest.net/ )

PS, yes, the closest cameras or by group you would sync to that second base