Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Sluggish & slow reaction to activity

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Agent47
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought a 2 camera outside camera system about a month ago. I was away about a week ago & received nothing on my phone during my time away. It used to pick up school busses on my road but recently it does not seem to pick up much at all. I have replaced the original (non nicad batts) with rechargeable ones. The old ones were nearly at full capacity according to my phone. I have also recently bought a wi-fi extender, that seems to have made little of no differance in improving things. I keep my library clear as much as possible & I have not moved the cameras from there original location. I asked in Best Buy where i bought it, they suggested that I unplug the base station. Anyone got any ideas, thanks

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First a Wi-Fi extender would not help the Arlo cameras extend range as the cameras only link to the base station. If you can centrally located the base station for a better signal to the cameras that's the only way to use an extender.

Second if the cameras were functioning and not now, a reboot of the base may be a good idea.... You can use the power switch , turn off then on

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Agent47
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion but the cameras were far more active when it was first installed & thats my concern. If the cameras are not activated they will not see/catch anything & I think thats whats happening. I have already tried to turn it off completely & it has made no difference. I did not know that the wifi extender would not work  so thanks for the info. Moving the "base" would probably mean running cables in my attic etc as my router is at one end of my house whilst the "weakest camera" is at the other. The weakest camera has 2 of the three signal strength indicators lit whilst the other has all three. Battery capacity is at full on both cameras. I do not undersatnd therefore why picking up activity is so haphazard now, it was not when I first installed it.

brh
Master
Master

@Agent47

This might not solve your problem. but try wiping the front of the camera, especially the motion detector sensor with a very soft cloth and see if that works.

I have buying Energizer Lithium batteries in bulk from Walmart and Amazon and the batteries only cost about $1.50 apiece.

Also check that your motion sensitivity settings haven't changed. 

Just a suggestion for later on, but I would bring these cameras inside and use them as indoor cameras, and purchase either the Pro or Pro 2 cameras for the outside. If you cannot supply AC power to the cameras, then power them with the Arlo solar panels. 

Brian