Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Some cameras have gone black and white and are giving unclear pix-elated pics

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
ACR
Follower
Follower

I believe its an Arlo Q system.  Bought a couple years ago at Sams Club. 4 cameras.  firmware on camera 1.2.10342.  Hardware H7.  Saying no updates on firmware ?   This camera & another I have inside the house have gone from color to black & white & fuzzy.  I took a pic & emailed to myself & pic is very pixelated. My two ouside cameras seem to be fine.  How can I clear this up ???  Ty

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Q cameras are the ones that don't use a base station and are powered, not battery-operated.  By your description, it appears you have the original wireless cameras.

B&W implies low light levels where the camera switches automatically.  Increase the light level or move the cameras to a location what's brightly lit to see if they revert to color.

"Fuzzy" can be due to low signal level between the base and cameras.  Again, move the cameras to see if the situation improves.  Consider swapping cameras between positions that work well and those that don't to see if the issues follow the cameras or stay with the location.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First thing to try ig a Q camera is to reset the camera.... hold in the reset for ten secs till the led flashes amber, bring back as new

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------