Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trouble loading arlo cameras when motion is detected

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Arloguthrie
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,  I recently ( 2months ago) Installed the arlo wireless system with three active cameras.  This is to monitor movement of an elderly person in the evening.  Sometimes I will get the alert email, but it might take more than a minute to load the live picture.  Although it has not been a problem yet, the delay in loading could be critical if there is a fall.  It has gone off line once, which required me to drive to the residence to re-boot the system.  It is hooked up to a 2.4g modem.  I have been able to view movement over 70 miles away, but at times it takes too much time to load the live image.

I would appreciate anyone who may have found a resolve for this problem.  I really prefer that I can load real time pictures consistently.

any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance to the community 

arloguthrie

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arloguthrie,

When you notice the issue, are you using the mobile app or the web client? Do you see the same behavior on both?

JamesC

Arloguthrie
Tutor
Tutor

It is when I use my mobile app.  I do not usually access my home computer.  I did set it up for future use though.

Now, It seems with my basic subscription, that I get motion alerts, however no video is recorded....I usually delete the video after each viewing.

Am I doing something wrong? 

I have reset the base station once already, but lately it seems to take over 30 sec. to load the live images.  and now no recorded video.  Could I possibly have gone over the alotted storeage even though I delete everything? 

I am getting confused to say the least.  I cannot even find an area that tells me how much storage is used.

Thanks for you help.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There was a temporary limitation displaying thumbnails and videos the Arlo library. This issue has been resolved. Please contact customer support if you have any questions.  Thank you!

JamesC

Arloguthrie
Tutor
Tutor
I realized the issue with the library resolved itself later in the PM. I still have intermitent issues with the live feed loading. Sometimes it takes over 1 minute.
Arloguthrie
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry James, thank you for the assistantance.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arloguthrie,

This could be due to data speeds on your mobile device. Do you notice this more when using 4G/LTE data or do you also see the same behavior when connected to WiFi?

JamesC

Arloguthrie
Tutor
Tutor
James, i always use the system with my wifi at home. When i am out of the area using my 4g/lt.e i usually have a wuick response. The other day i was close to 90 miles away and was able to view live action perfectly. Maybe i should plug the base unit into the 5gh port. Is that really necessarythanks again. Im not too network savy as youcan tell. Lol
Arloguthrie
Tutor
Tutor

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arloguthrie,

The Arlo base station connects via ethernet, not wireless. Who is your ISP and what are your download and upload speeds?

JamesC