Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to log in to Arlo account from MacBook

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
tnorcross
Follower
Follower

I'm able to log in to my account and access all my cameras from all my devices except my MacBook Pro.  When I try from there, it asks me to set up the whole system and does not recognize my password?  Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

4 REPLIES 4
brh
Master
Master

See if this link helps:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/arlo-app-for-Mac/td-p/1196723

I believe you must log into your account through a browser and have Flash enabled for that browser. I have read about problems using Chrome and Flash, but Safari and Firefox should work. Most likely So would Microsoft edge.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While Flash is required for certain features such as live view to work I don't see how Flash would cause an issue with the initial login. I can use my mobile browsers (which don't support Flash) and log in with no problems.

That said, I have no idea why the single device would somehow block logging in. All I can think of is case sensitivity or possibly the use of special characters. I would try a different browser (Chrome or Firefox) to see what happens.

brh
Master
Master

@jguerdat

If I understand him correctly he has downloaded the mobile app on his Macbook Pro and it is not working for him on that machine, which is not currently supported. Must use a web browser to use the cameras - not the mobile app?

Just guessing

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The MacBook Pro is a laptop so there's no app to download. You must use a browser with Flash enabled.