Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
arich74
Follower
Follower

Until last month, my wireless camera  was working perfectly, then it went offline. On further investigation this looks to be due to a software update that happened mid-September.

For some reason I just cannot get the camera to re-sync to the base station. I removed the device completely in order to re-sync, have re-booted the base station and tested router connectivity. My camera had new batteries start of September so that's not the issue. Whilst it was offline it still flashed a red LED on motion detection but now I'm not even getting that. Short of having to buy a new camera which I should not have to do as it's less than a year old, can anyone help me to try and resolve this?

Many thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

arich74,

It sounds like you could be experiencing an issue with your camera being offline due to not receiving the most recent camera firmware update. For troubleshooting information on this topic, please take a look at this article: My Arlo camera is offline since the release of the recent firmware update; what do I do?

If you are still experiencing this issue, please let us know or feel free to private message me, I would be happy to help.

JamesC

sjshoes
Aspirant
Aspirant
JamesC
My arlo just keeps flashing blue. Have attempted to test came with base with no luck. Suggestions? Have tried all known possibilities and procedures... no luck
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

More detail about what you've tried.  Be sure to only briefly press the base sync button.

sfshoe
Aspirant
Aspirant

This cam has been working great.  I was out of town when batteries died.  I reinstalled new batteries.  In attempting to re-sync, base station does not see camera. I went onto my app and deleated the camera, attempting to start and add as new.  App procedures followed. Base button just pushed less than two seconds, then just pushed only momnetarierly.  Blue light on Arlo just keeps flashing blue, even after the base light stops flashing. I mean just keeps flashing blue, over 15 minutes worth.  I then hold the sync button on camera for 15 seconds and release.  Blue light flashes a few seconds longer then quickly changes and flashes orange a moment or two, then camera goes off.  

Have tried removing batteries for 20 minutes and starting process all over, same results.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I think you'll need to open a case. Sounds like the camera has a real issue.
sjshoes
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you. I believe this also. Can you direct me on how to open a case?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.  Several options are available.