Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
KenzieDavis
Follower
Follower

As a long time Arlo user and after referring 5 confimed new Arlo customers, I contacted support when one of my outdoor cameras started going offline on a regular but not consistent basis. I am an IT professional of 30+ years so I knew to go online to search up troubleshooting steps and possible solutions, which determined this one camera was in fact defective. Netgear opened a case and replaced it via an RMA. When I received it and first installed new batteries, it displayed a pink/red playback. I checked online again and removed the batteries and removed the device from my base station. Adding back with a different set of batteries (just in case) still proved the same result. I mounted it anyway and I contacted support referencing my original RMA. A couple days later, it recorded and live fed normal colors, still mounted outside. As I was out of town on a business trip this last week, it once again recorded and live fed in pink. A new case was opened and after following their additional troubleshooting steps, I was asked to attach a photo to the support case. When I updated the case and clicked on “upload photo” I got an invalid URL, and added comments to that effect. Once I got back home, I removed the batteries and resynched to my base station with same results intending to update my case. The case shows under my support but will not allow me to further comment or try uploading again. This is a DEFECTIVE REPLACEMENT and I would like someone to follow up. Tired of the pink recordings at my front door. Please help!!!

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not much help here except from other users.... You will have to go thru Netgear Support again

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Doug3368
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem,
Promised a new battery, never showed !
Talk with a foreign customer service, try to file a complaint, and the will hang up or drop my call!
Worst customer service ever !
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

KenzieDavis,

What is the new case number that you opened? Please send me a private message with the case information along with the email address you use to log in to your Arlo account and I will escalate your case as needed.

JamesC