Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
JDCourtney
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just as the title says, I have an older Arlo set that came with 3 cameras and a base station that I got about a year ago. I would like to add 2 more cameras to it, either the Arlo Q or the Arlo Pro. Will those cameras connect and work with my older base station?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Only the PRO will hook into the older base.... It is fully compatable and will operate in any of the modes you currently run.

The Q cameras link into your HOME WIFI directly and have to run on their own Armed mode, Schedule, etc  ... tho they will apear in the program/app.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Only the PRO will hook into the older base.... It is fully compatable and will operate in any of the modes you currently run.

The Q cameras link into your HOME WIFI directly and have to run on their own Armed mode, Schedule, etc  ... tho they will apear in the program/app.

Morse is faster than texting!
JDCourtney
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac wrote:

Thank you for your quick response. So Either if I buy the Arlo Pro or the Q camers, I do not need to purchase any new base stations to support all the new modes and functions. Is that correct?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Correct.  Just be sure to follow the directions for syncing since they sync in different ways.  Any wireless camera syncs to the base while a Q camera uses your home WiFi to sync and has nothing to do with any base station.

galazze71
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I buy a arlo system that is less expensive and then I add the arlo pro camera can hear audio while having linked them to an old base?

Practically I would start buying the old system to see if it is right for me and then expand (up to 9 Total camera I think)

Thank for your help

Gabriele

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yes, the Pro cameras work fine with the original base. You simply lose the added functions physically built into the Pro base (siren and usable USB ports).
PGUIDO55
Aspirant
Aspirant

If I add a pro camera to a standard base will the 2 way audio function? Just want to confirm that only the siren and USB are the only features not usable. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Correct.

Greg88
Tutor
Tutor

Can I add an Arlo PRO camera to my existing Arlo standard base system and gain 2 way audio thru the new camera?

JDCourtney wrote:

TomMac wrote:

Thank you for your quick response. So Either if I buy the Arlo Pro or the Q camers, I do not need to purchase any new base stations to support all the new modes and functions. Is that correct?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yes.