Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Your Arlo device appears offline when set to live

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mikegoet
Tutor
Tutor

Hello we are attempting to use 3 arlo cameras with VMB3000 base station. We are setting this up at our church to monitor the Nursery. What i a seen is anywhere between 10- 20 min using live on all 3 cameras they go to "your Arlo device appears to be offline. all 3 go offline at the same time. This happens both with the arlo app on android and on laptop using Chrome. We have tested on different networks and cameras setting 30 foot from base and 3 foot. if i refresh the web page or minimise the app. after hitting live again it works again for another 10- 20 min. we are trying to use the live part for parents to see there kids without kids seen them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The wireless cameras are not designed for this sort of usage. Even if all is perfect, they will time out at 30 minutes. You'd likely be better off with the Baby or Q cameras for this usage.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The wireless cameras are not designed for this sort of usage. Even if all is perfect, they will time out at 30 minutes. You'd likely be better off with the Baby or Q cameras for this usage.

mikegoet
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks I figured that with what i was seeing but wanted to verfiy. Will investage the Arlo Q and plus. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Baby may be a better choice since it's aimed at child monitoring.