Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

aRLO AND aRLO pRO...ISNT THERE A DIFFERENCE?

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Angelsareout
Aspirant
Aspirant

The service reps couldnt seem to help, about ready to take this back to COSTCO. I thought this would work with an APPLE MINI ipad, i have the app download. I thought the camera synced the leds went from blue to amber, but the rep again couldnt answer questions just kept repeated back things I said and looking things up. So, I can not seem to get any streaming video, where do I look, nothing works. No service support 800 number, this is such a big time waster, I am so upset. I have been dickering with this thing for two days now. As I understand it, I do not need SIMS. So no devices are listed even though it synced, makes no sense. THANKS ARLESS!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Angelsareout
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally Finally working, boy this took me forever, so exhausted but it works. What happened, well I had to keep re synching the cameras, but DAH, it doesnt say to resync the base or receiver. I did that as a last ditch attempt to fix and once i did the feed from the video came alive. So... it was somthing simple stupid as usual!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Are there 3 green lights on the base station?

Angelsareout
Aspirant
Aspirant

no, only the first two, the third never would light up.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Hit the sync button on the base. Briefly hit the sync button on the camera

Angelsareout
Aspirant
Aspirant

thesync button is the third button right, on the base it will not light up. I think I know what is wrong, maybe it isnt put in the right slot on the back of the router. will ck that, thanks

Angelsareout
Aspirant
Aspirant

oh man, this just keeps getting weirder. I unplugged it from the LAN port, I think I may have it in the wrong slot, did not plug it into the yellow internet slot because that makes my interent get screwed up, SO I unplugged it, did not plug it back in and NOW the third light the sync light is blinking.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Angelsareout wrote:

oh man, this just keeps getting weirder. I unplugged it from the LAN port, I think I may have it in the wrong slot, did not plug it into the yellow internet slot because that makes my interent get screwed up, SO I unplugged it, did not plug it back in and NOW the third light the sync light is blinking.

You might have bumped the sync button on the base while you were handling it. It's waiting for you to hit sync on a camera now

Angelsareout
Aspirant
Aspirant

I would love to get this working as a neighbor is visitng my yard nightly now and I could have got him last nite had this dumb thing worked. I called Costco conceirg service and even they couldnt help, that third light on the base never will light up. we tried over and over, did resets still no luck. All my connections are fine now. Any last ditch ideas???

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Ok, start fresh. If any devices show in Settings, My Devices, remove them. Press the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base. Try to sync the cameras by briefly pressing the base sync button (don't hold it) and then the sync button on the camera. Does this work? If not, what do the LEDs on the base and camera show?

You always have the option to open a case with support as well as to swap the system at the store.
Angelsareout
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks....are the individual cameras suppose to show up in the devices because mine do not , only the base shows up. I seemed to have had one victory, I got them synced by the led law but now they are no where to be found in the software,shows me logged out. What a pain

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yes, all cameras should be visible in the Devices tab as well as in Settings, My Devices. What are the LEDs on the base showing? Should be 3 green ones if at least one camera is synced. Try both the app and a browser, too.
Angelsareout
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok thanks, that's a good idea.

Angelsareout
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh, and yes all three lights were actually on, Cox is maybe coming out today.

Angelsareout
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally Finally working, boy this took me forever, so exhausted but it works. What happened, well I had to keep re synching the cameras, but DAH, it doesnt say to resync the base or receiver. I did that as a last ditch attempt to fix and once i did the feed from the video came alive. So... it was somthing simple stupid as usual!